Are you an avocado head?

Every psychology / leadership book will tell you how motivation works. Forget about salary increases or company cars! Give people appreciation and recognition, and they'll do anything!



Today's post is to prove that I work exactly like this. Now as a part-time employee of course I wouldn't mind a pay raise, but frankly I don't deserve it. I am on FB, and I google recipes during working time. Not acceptable? Taking advantage of working for the husband? Maybe. 

Ever since my peach cake has been featured in the current edition of Southern Special I'm totally motivated to do more food posts! Although I still think it's a pain to wash my hands and photograph every step, I do like the results!

Plus I bought this bag of "Kati Kati" a special coffee bean blend from Kenya and Ethiopia, that I wanted to taste - and I needed a food pairing to go with! 



So, in addition to lemonies lemon brownies I made Avocado Muffins today! 
I used the Betty Bossi recipe and converted the ingredients for you. Don't ask me how to measure 0.85 cups of milk, though! Wait, I know! Buy yourself a metric measuring cup!!


This is what you'll need:

150g white sugar (0.75 cups)
0.25 tsp salt
1 egg
200 ml milk (0.85 cups)
150g almonds, ground (1.5 cups)
150g all purpose flour (1.2 cups)
2 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp baking soda
1 avocado
2 tbsp lemon juice



This is what you'll do:

  • Line a 12 muffin tray
  • Preheat oven at 180°C (350°F)
  • In a bowl mix together the sugar, salt, egg and milk.
  • In another bowl mix together the dry ingredients: almonds, flour, baking powder and baking soda
  • In a shallow dish mesh the avocado with a fork and sprinkle it with the lemon juice, so it won't turn brown.





  • Now mix everything well together and fill in muffin tray.




  • Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, depending on your oven. Check with a toothpick. 




  • Remove from the oven and the tray and let cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!




Holy Guacamole, this is goooood!!

Comments