Love

Welcome to the second episode of A'lil Hoohaa's Photo Blogging Challenge of this year. The theme for February was "Love".

Here's what I came up with:

I had a rare night out with my bestie. We visited a newly opened Italian restaurant / bar and enjoyed some pinsa, prosecco and - most importantly - uninterrupted conversation. What's not to love?



A few days later I must have caught this nasty RSV virus. After the flu-like symptoms subsided, I expected to go back to normal. I coudln't. I felt completely drained and weak. I still do, after almost three weeks. Taking a shower required an hour of lying down afterwards. Same for getting laundry from the basement and folding it.

I tried to go back to work. After a couple of hours all I wanted was to go home and take a nap. 
The good news was I wasn't hungry and probably dropped a pound or two, much appreciated. 

My sweet son insisted I ate at least an apple a day, and he went all out and brought me this plate.




Of course I had to "function" for the unavoidable trips to hockey practice. One night I got rewarded with this gorgeous sunset at the lake. If you watch closely, you can spot a couple that was very much in love. They are now forever in this picture.




Speaking of hockey. The lovely parents of our community raised money in order to buy me flowers and a voucher for potential new gear I might need to keep filming the games. I was so touched. Sometimes you will find appreciation and love in the most unexpected places and moments!




The next one was an unexpected  moment as well. Unannounced  rain, followed by the sun peaking out, creating this awesome rainbow just outside our office.



Bonus picture from our hockey related road trip to the Italian speaking part of Switzerland. We left home when it was dark gray and drizzling. Driving through the 17km (=10.5 miles) long Gotthard tunnel, and would you believe it, we were expected by the most spring-like gorgeous afternoon! 17° C = 63°F, blue skies and sunhine! 

We enjoyed the time before the puck drop strolling around one of the three castles and the car-free pedestrian zone of Bellinzona. 



Colin and his teammates played the last two games of this season's championship. 



They finished second on the season's ranking, which means they will now play for a promotion to the higher category in early March. Hold on, that's next weekend!

We really must love hockey to endure this lifestyle ;-)

What did you love this month?

Please head over here and check out my fellow bloggers' contributions.


Comments

  1. I hope you're feeling better now. Fatigue makes it difficult to function, but you powered through. Kudos! Your photos are lovely, as always. Good luck to Colin's team in March! 🤞

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. I hope you are soon back to 100% energy and health. LOVE the sunset shot. That could be a best seller Valentine's card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to look up pinsa - sounds awesome! Congrats to the young hockey player for an excellent season. Wishing you a full recovery from RSV ASAP. It's a good feeling knowing you're going to wake up with a fully charged battery each morning, so I hope you're back to that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Italian and wine. What's not to love! Looks like you were surrounded by love last month. The apple slices were adorable and the sunset gorgeous. 💜

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.