UBC October 2024 - Domestic Goddess for a Day



Welcome back to October's UBC.

Today I want to share some of my achievements - apart from decluttering the basement with the help of a professional - over the past weeks, and especially yesterday:

I took our comforters and pillows to the dry cleaners and of course washed and changed the bedding.

I put the entire family on the waiting list at a new group practice, got a confirmation, transferred our patient files and made a first appointment. It doesn't sound like a lot of effort - but it was. Maybe I'll write about it sometime. 

I've booked my car in for a major service and a wheel change.






I completely cleared out Colin's and my closet, sorted out clothes, tried on over a dozen jeans, made some of the clothes available for donation, threw some away and put the rest away again.

The pile of Christmas pjiamas is to become a special project. I took them to the post office on foot for this purpose. More on this later.

Now I'm proud - and exhausted. But wait, I still have to make dinner...


PS: Colin agreed with the things that were allowed to leave the house. That was on Monday. Today is Wednesday. He says “a friend is having a closet swap party this weekend, can I take some stuff back out of the bags?”

Ahem, I was going to take them to the friend who belongs to a charity organization in the afternoon.... But OK, who am I to turn away a sustainable thought. 


Comments

  1. I keep procrastinating. I definitely need to clean out our closets. Making bags to donate is a good idea.
    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I needed this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love "taking care of business" days. I always feel like I get so much accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your idea to get help. Ugh I usually start with good intentions, but then can’t follow through with it. Putting into black garbage bag is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so proud of you! Once you start, it's a lot easier to continue and if you do small areas first it doesn't seem so overwhelming. I did the same to the master bedroom closet a few weeks ago and wow does it make me feel good to see everything so organized! Hey that could be my blog post one day! Another hey, I thought I was coming over to be your closet coach? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.