UBC October 2024 - Fall Bucket List

Hello and welcome back! It's Day 13 of October's UBC.

If you're on social media, you may have come across Brooklyn Swenson's (or any other fall fan's) bucket lists, be it for the fall season, the month of October or whatnot. 

Why don't we check it out?



Make soup from scratch: Still to be done, probably won't happen. I don't mind a tasty (pumpkin) soup, but I prefer to assign my spare resources to other kitchen projects, wait for it!

Collect fall leaves: To do what? Arts and crafts? I prefer to leave the leaves outside, pun intended. I do appreciate them in the parks and forests.

Curl up with a book. I recently put my TBR pile away, it was gathering dust. However, I am currently working on a book that I might finish. I know it's sad to consider reading "work". I used to be a book worm as a kid and teenager. Today my attention span is limited to blog posts ;-) I can totally do the curling up part though!

Bake a pie. Yes! Well, not pie. I made chocolate cake for Colin's recent 10th goal. What am I talking about?  In youth hockey - and probably other sports - it's a fun tradition to celebrate milestones like scoring the 10th goal by offering a cake to your teammates. At 8:10 in this video you can see Colin's goal. On a different occasion - the occasion being "just because" - I made cinnamon apple muffins. How's that for fall themed baking?



Thrift a cozy sweater. Full disclosure, my interaction with thrift stores is to bring our stuff so other people can enjoy some of it, but I rarely find anything I want to buy. However, the new clothes I purchase are usually worn until they fall apart - and beyond if they're favorite items. Sweaters, especially hoodies, are my staple clothing items.

Visit a pumpkin patch: Yes, yes, and yes - visited 3 out of 4 this season! Probably my very favorite fall activity!



Stop by the farmer's market: Do Hofladen (Farmer's Shops) qualify? Then check 





Take a fall picture. Uh, sure I may take a photo or two ðŸ˜‚ Gorgeous colourful tree OK?



Eat something pumpkin flavored: Since I don't make soup from scratch, I eat store-bought, organic pumpkin soup. That's about it. I've been trying pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, you name it. I prefer apple/cinnamon flavors, thankyouverymuch. Or chestnut! 

Roast S'mores. Not a fan either. Besides, I'm not scout enough to go hiking and make a fire ;-)

Same goes for Have an autumn picnic. What I can do though: Purchase a coffee and a cinnamon roll to go and enjoy them on a park bench. Deal?

Decorate for fall: Oh, I see. That's where the leaves I was supposed to collect, come in ;-) I don't own specific fall-themed decoration items, and I don't plan on accumulate any. This year I may set up some Halloween stuff like I did when Colin was younger, that was fun!





Wear your favorite boots: Absolutely! Every day! I love my UGGs that keep my feet warm and are super cozy. If they weren't so chunky I'd wear them in bed, too ;-)




Go for a walk in the rain. Do I have to? I'm a fair weather walker. I'll keep an open mind though. Maybe there's an opportunity. 

Make a fall bouquet. Nope. I' prefer to enjoy the flowers in other people's garden as opposed to cut them. 



Order a fall drink. I've been waiting for this!! This year's Autumn blend is super delicious, I detected a faint taste of caramelized pecans!



Make fall crafts. Here's a Halloween craft I made almost ten years ago:
Credits for the template go to Sarah Jane's




Back then I also painted on countless laundry detergent bottles to make ghost lights. They were taking up a lot of space though, so they had to go.



Light a fall candle: Oh yes! My current favorites are Vanilla Crème Brûlée and Cinnamon Stick. I've been lucky enough to be able to order Yankee Candles from a Swiss platform. They come with a price, of course, but they're worth it.

Ride bikes in the park. I haven't been riding a bicycle in a couple of years, and it'd have to undergo major maintenance. As discussed though, I may take a walk in the park when the weather is nice and enjoy my fall treats there. OK?

So much for this fall bucket list. Here's another one that may make you chuckle:





Going through this list I've got to say, while it is an universal list, a few things are missing, and I'll tell you what they are tomorrow.

In the meantime: Which of these fall activities appeal to you? Which ones have you already done? Which do you want to tackle next?


Comments

  1. Great list and I've actually done a few! I've taken fall pictures, eaten something pumpkin (Lia made pumpkin/chocolate chip cookies!), wore my favorite garden boots, decorated for fall, made a fall bouquet, walked in the rain, lit a fall candle, had a fall drink f(rom Starbucks no less!) and did crafts, well Lia did them, does me watching count? LOL Have an awesome week Tamara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That second list was hilarious! :) I also prefer apple cinnamon flavors. And I love Cinnamon Stick!! I used to burn it alongside Apple Cider and it felt SO homey. But Apple Cider has been retired. I recently ordered a pumpkin snickerdoodle candle. Can't wait to get it. Haven't tried a fall drink yet, but hopefully I will soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made pumpkin chocolate chip brownies today for a potluck. They were delicious. I taught my cousin (who lives in California where they don't have many leaves that change colors) how to make a leaf bouquet and then we took photos of her with the leaves. She ended up doing a beautiful prayer/meditation for her brother who died. It was absolutely lovely. Thank you for sharing this bucket list. I love having seasonal lists like these.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.