UBC October - Birth of two Lambs



Welcome back to the October UBC. I had prepared a different post for today since we're on the road, but now we had the most incredible experience, and I want to share it with you.

We were just driving up the road when I spotted this beautiful black-nosed sheep that are typical for this region. Since we were driving pretty slowly I realized she had two babies, and upon closer look it was clear they were only just born! 

Without going into too much detail, it was obvious they were literally newborns, with parts of the umbilical cord still attached. 



I was in awe about this sheep Mama. She was there on this meadow, all alone, giving birth to two babies, and she wasn't lying in the grass, relaxing. No, she licked the blood and slime off her  lambs and nudged them to get up. You can see a video on my Facebook or Instagram post. I must have watched it a dozen times. They are perfect, so fluffy!

It made me think. Us humans read books, watch videos, attend preparation classes, take vitamins, do gymnastics and the like and when the time comes, we need a hospital room full of medical personnel and equipment. Animals? They are perfectly capable of taking care of business themselves. 

Respect, sheep Mama, and all the best with your kiddos!

Comments

  1. This changes the nursery rhyme from "Mary had a little lamb..." to "mary had 2 little lambs" (given that Momma Lamb's name is Mary!

    What a delightful experience! I have seen horses give birth and as you pointed out, they do it all on their own!

    Thanks for sharing your new experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing. Spring views for me + profound joy! I am grateful you shared this with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great experience. Thank you for sharing. I saw a calf being born on year on a trip cross country to visit our granddaughter. It is truly an amazing thing to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful sight to see Tamara! I just watched your video, the little one was trying so hard to get up walking. I bet he/she made it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing story! The miracle of birth right on the side of the road. My great niece is about to give birth to my sister’s first grandchild. You are correct. Even though it’s the must natural thing in the world we humans put so much planning on the birth. Thank you for sharing this interesting story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tamara, what a miraculous sight you happened on! Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That’s pretty cool to see. The most wildlife we get here is deer! XO - Elisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.