Hello friends! Help me out here. didn't we just wrap up the July challenge?
How is it October 1st already?
Well, here we are, back in the saddle, so to speak.
If you survived my Prague blogging marathon, congratulations! You're apparently coming back for more. And if you're new here, welcome!
Throughout October, I'll be posting something every day as part of the Ultimate Blogging Challenge. There won't be a grand theme tying everything together. Instead, expect a wonderfully random collection of things that caught my attention: fun experiences, places we've visited, things I've learned, observations I've made, and the occasional rabbit hole I've fallen into.
And I already have quite a few lined up - in my head, that is. It's a start, right?
A few days ago, hubby and I were invited to a hockey game in the Grisons Alps, a good two-and-a-half-hour drive from home. Rather than driving all that way for an evening game and coming straight back, we decided to turn it into a little mini-vacation.
We left on Monday, visited a friend who lives in the area, explored some of the surrounding countryside, went to the game on Tuesday, spent another night, and then drove home Wednesday morning, with plenty of time to be back at work before lunchtime.
That's my kind of road trip: a reason to go somewhere, and then making the most of being there.
We were also incredibly lucky with the weather. After the rather hellish June, July and August we've had here in Europe, temperatures have finally come down to something resembling normal, and the Alps rewarded us with gorgeous late-September weather.
I'll definitely be taking you along to some of the picturesque villages and lakes we discovered along the way. There are a few places I had never heard of before, which is one of my favorite things about exploring Switzerland: you can live here for years and still stumble across somewhere you've never seen.
There will also be a post dedicated to Colin, who turned 18 in September. Yes, somehow my baby is officially an adult. I'm still processing that one.
And then there are the completely unrelated things I've discovered lately, including one rather fascinating Japanese phenomenon that led me down quite a rabbit hole.
So, yes. October is going to be a bit of a grab bag.
But that's half the fun, isn't it?
For now, tell me how you've been doing!
Did you miss blogging over the summer? Did you keep writing? Or did you happily put the keyboard away and enjoy a break?
I'm glad to be back. I hope you'll join me for the ride.
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.