How many poly pockets are enough?


On this glorious afternoon I drove to a business meeting in Olten.

I recently got a temporary recruiting assignment to fill a handful of IT positions. The line manager explained his situation and talked about the requirements his new team members needed to bring to the table. I was confident that I was going to be able to help him.

My colleage and friend JJ, who wasn't working today, asked me to pick up "a few" overdue resumes she wanted me to look through. "They are on my sideboard", she said. Entering her office I saw three Petronas Tower like piles. I had to borrow plastic bags which almost burst on my way to the parking garage. That can't be right - right?


If I was going to screen dozens and dozens of job applications I needed an appropriate piece of leather goods - right? 

Now I have been known to be an impulsive consumer - why not proving them right. A little over an hour later I entered a store at Zurich's Bahnhofstrasse and another hour later left it - quite pleased with myself I might add.

LV Hampstead GM

Comments