Tagged and Jingled

December 23. 

Regular people are doing last minute shopping, cleaning their house, wrapping gifts, baking cookies or attending a holiday party.

Bloggers are getting tagged and jingled. Karen at Baking in a Tornado thought I might be bored on the night before Christmas and sent a couple of questions my way.



Here goes, I've got to answer 10 questions:

What do you love the most about Christmas time? 
These past days I have struggled to get (back) into the Christmas spirit. 
I guess it's that at least once a year people actively care about others. Toy rides, angel trees, soup kitchens, visit a senior. 



Otherwise - unfortunately it hardly ever happens - I love snow at Christmas time.




Do you celebrate the holiday in style or is it a Bah-Humbug for you?
Even though "Humbug" is a word within the German vocabulary I had to look up this expression. So Christmas and New Year's Eve are definitely celebrated in style at our house. Decoration, nice dinner, music, wine, champagne, gifts, the whole nine yards!




Are you anything leaving out for Santa this year so he remembers to leave your presents?
No. In Switzerland Santa and his donkey visits on Dec 6 - also our chimney might be too narrow for old Saint Nick. 
Anyway, I have been such a good girl all year long, I am sure he will not forget about me ;-)




What is the one gift you are most looking forward to giving?
Ice hockey table game for Colin




What is your all-time favorite Christmas movie?
When Harry met Sally - touches my heart every time. And I have seen it countless times!
Followed by the Coca-Cola truck commercials. Don't laugh! I get goosebumps!




What is your all-time favorite Christmas song?
I can't limit myself to just one. There are so many that I totally like:
  • John Lennon: happy Christmas (the war is over)
  • WHAM! last Christmas
  • Chris de Burgh: the bells of Christmas
  • Mariah Carey: all I want for Christmas is you
  • Frank Sinatra: let is snow, let it snow, let it snow
  • Chris Rea: driving home for Christmas
Oh, and jingle bells rock. And winter wonderland, and, and, ...

If given the opportunity would you participate in a "ugly sweater" party and what sweater would you wear?
I would love to, and you could bet I would blog about it - but it would require for me to go on a shopping spree in the U.S. first! Really! Switzerland = quaint, humorless country = no reindeer or snowman sweaters.  Maybe some British folks could help me out, though:




Have you started any Christmas traditions this year that you plan on carrying forward?
Last year Cookie, the Elf, started paying us daily visits. As long as Colin really loves her, we will continue. Also a couple of years ago I started doing advent calendars not only for us but for people who are too grown-up or too busy to have one. This year I found out that Karen - my tagger and jingler from above - grew up in a Jewish home without ever having one. Well, this year she had one all right!




It's Christmas morning - what does it look like outside where you live?
Best case scenario, however, realistically it'll be another green Christmas:



Update: This is what it looked like on Dec 24 at 8am


You just found yourself standing under a mistletoe - who comes up to give you a first kiss?
Probably Cookie, the Elf. Although I wouldn't mind it it were George with a hot espresso - don't you EVER tell my Starbucks friends!!




************************************************************************************************************


Now on to the Jingle Game


What's the assignment here? 

Pick five favorite bloggers and say two nice things about them - followed by four things about me (not sure if they need to be nice?) 

PS: It's not that I can't count to five. I just think six is a sexier number. Plus I am not sure Chef John remembers me. Although I have been watchings his videos a lot!

Lorinda aka the Rowdy Baker
We have met over maple leaf cookies, Mapleine and Swiss chocolate and have been in touch and having fun ever since. I just NEED to tag you because I know you have an impressive Christmas sweater collection you  can show off here. I think they are all cute!

Beth who says Writer B is me is not only a mommy to real kids but a naughty Elf called Tommy who is after our Cookie. We may soon be meeting to discuss custody of those emerging little Elf babies. Thank you for your big heart - and for offering ledge counseling. 

Eli aka Coach Daddy has become my daily dose of bubbles - where were you today, by the way? I am in training to learn cutting down sentences to six words. Thank you for a whole new experience - and for putting down your newspaper!

Tanya who is Comic Strip Mama is incorporating a new Christmas tradition this year - of some sort :-) Can't wait to read al about it! Your positive attitude makes you my hero. Good luck to loverman and yourself!

Stephanie at Crazy meets Exhaustion has a son who wants his own iPad - just like mine. I can always relate to your Facebook posts. Just not sure who of us is crazier / more exhausted?

Chef John from Foodwishes-dot-com showed me how to make "broken spaghetti risotto" - yes, that is a meal, and a yummy one at that! Also you make me laugh by saying stuff like  "don't make me do a video on cheese grinding". 

Before I get to jingle them, here's the four things I like about myself. OK, that wasn't so hard now:

  • I go the extra mile, I make things happen, and I won't rest until everybody is happy. 
  • I am a networker. I accept my limits - but I always know someone somewhere who is a genius and willing to help.
  • My imagination and creativeness give me new ideas every day. Now if only the days had more hours to bring them all to live!

Thanks for playing along!


Comments