Google+ Followers

Monday, April 21, 2014

Someone stole Marcia's Spandex

Do you know Marcia?


She's not Dr. Marcia Fieldstone on Network America! 
Even though it'd be cool to know her, too.


The Marcia I want to tell you about today is Marcia Kester Doyle aka Meno Mama

I met her last fall when I was welcomed into Karen's monthly writing challenge group where we do fun stuff like "Secret Subject Swap" or "Use your Words" - the latest project being "funny Friday", look out for it later this week on April 25!

Marcia is the generation between my Mom and myself. I think! She loves to write, eat chocolate and drink wine, so that makes her my friend. Also she's my fellow FBUA (Facebook User Anonymous)

Her writing is very broad. With 9 simple questions, as an example, she can tell you if you are a MILF

The other day she was asking, quite justifiably, whether we are raising an ungrateful generation? 

But my favorite post I've read from her so far is a sad one: Soaring with Eagles - a tribute to her sister Cherie who passed away. 

If you liked any of this, I would like to encourage you to sign up for her book "Who stole my Spandex?" that is going to be released early this summer:

Who Stole My Spandex? Midlife Musings from a Middle-Aged MILF...is a humorous collection of stories based on Marcia Kester Doyle's hilariously popular blog, Menopausal Mother. Take a ride on the midlife wild side with a wacky journey through menopausal pitfalls, raising a family in a madhouse, maintaining a spandex-worthy booty, and all points in between! Nothing is off limits!

The collection includes laugh-out-loud brain candy, such as "How to Annoy Your Children," "You Might Be Menopausal If...," and "Menopausal Cuckoo," along with some of her newer tales of midlife mayhem. With a dash of wit and a heavy dose of humor, this is the greatest therapy ever offered in book form…and cheaper than any therapist's bill!


Here's to Marcia and her new book! *Raising a glass of Pinot Grigio*

May many readers enjoy it! Good luck!