'T was the Night before Christmas - the Sequel

A couple of days ago I was thinking about Christmas Eve 2012, and how I wanted it to be less stressful this year. 

Due to hubby's eye surgery and him being on sick leave I ended up with having to wing it again, though. 

Tuesday, Dec 23rd. Work done at the office, including setting up Santa's hut I went to pick up my guys, so hubby could observe his hair appointment. The good thing about male hair is… it's done in less than half an hour, so we were just waiting there until he was done.

On our way home we stopped for a Claus Burger. Merry Cheesemas and all ;-)

Dec 24. Time for my own hair appointment! I was so grateful that I got this date, it was my only chance to not  having to celebrate Christmas with dark roots. First world problems, I know. 

No snow on Christmas morning, but a beautiful sky.

Remember my hair salon with the Fiat Cinquecento parked in front?

Mr C brought a book

and played with my iPad. Never even asked "are you done yet", wasn't hungry,… Perfect!

Back home I was supposed to get started on, you know, dinner, but I felt I wanted to prolong my Bethlehem moment by a cup of Christmas Blend.

No pictures between 1 and 6pm. Busy, busy, busy! But then we were ready to dig in…

Tomato mozzarella salad with fresh basil and balsamic dressing

Baked maple syrup / lime zest Sockeye salmon, 
grilled bell peppers, carrots, steamed broccoli, rice

Apple sauce muffin with apple chunks

Pretty little indoor winter wonderland - cause it was a green Christmas

The one thing that is not fair… 
Hours of chopping, steaming, baking, roasting… After 15 minutes it's gone!

Good for those who couldn't wait to open their gifts though :-)

Wow, his first watch! What time is it? CHRISTMAS TIME!

What's the best gift a boy like C can get? Hockey sticks!

After two more days of visiting family, eating and being mostly merry, this morning we woke up to hear that hubby felt something was wrong with his eye. "Can you drive me to the hospital?" 


I said that before I looked out the window. Snow, and not just a little!

We almost made it on time which was a good thing considering the road conditions. 
C watched some more tidying up art, this time the Christmas tree got cleaned up all right:

While hubs was seeing his eye doc we looked for a parking space, checked out the snow

and had a snack at the hospital cafeteria. Yes, we brought our Elf for some cheering up. 
C is always quite concerned when Daddy has to go to the hospital. 
At the checkout we met two paramedics. They must be super busy on a day like that! 

When hubby finally called that they didn't find anything alarming, and that we could pick him up and go home, Colin cheered and declared 

"I am as happy as thousands of billion happy pigs!" 

That must mean something ;-)