Top Ten Thursday - 80s Songs

Welcome to Top Ten Thursday!




Today we're talking about the Top Ten songs from the 80s

As I was a teenager in the 80s I strongly believe that his was by far the best decade where music is concerned, and it's gonna be so hard to pick only 10.

I started out with a shortlist of 50+ songs and tried to think about ways to narrow it down... when... life happened. My coworker is on vacation, so this part-time working mom is supposed to do both jobs, and it's been really busy at the office, so I have to keep this short. I went for movie themes!  
  1. Irene Cara, What a Feeling (Flashdance)
  2. John Parr, St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)
  3. Tina Turner,  We Don't Need Another Hero (Madmax)
  4. Harold Faltermeyer, Axel F (Beverly Hills Cop)
  5. Huey Lewis & the News, the Power of Love (Back to the Future)
  6. Kenny Loggins, Footloose
  7. Ghostbusters - who are you gonna call?
  8. Berlin, Take my Breath away (Top Gun)
  9. Jennifer Grey, Time of my Life (Dirty Dancing)
  10. Bee Gees, Stayin' Alive



I know this list can not do justice to all the awesome artists and songs out there... I mean, Michael Jackson, Prince, Madonna and Elton John aren't even on the list! Toto, ELO, Genesis, Foreigner, Kool and the Gang, WHAM, Pet Shop Boys to name just a few others...


How about you? What are your favourite 80s songs? 

How about joining us for next week's Top Ten Challenge?

The theme is gonna be "Top Ten Everyday Life Hacks", (think car, travel, office, kitchen, the little but clever things that make your life easier), and it posts August 4.

Please sign up here or send me a message.

But wait! Don't leave just yet - visit my fellow Top Ten Bloggers and see what they came up with!

The linky-tool is up, but here are their links anyway, please head over and give them some love: 


The Last Rain Girl
The Bergham Chronicles
Measurements of Merriment
The Wrights' Days of Fun

Comments