So yesterday - July 4 and all - I decided to make a list of ten reasons why I feel more American than Swiss. This is what I came up with, in no particular order:
- I can assign the shapes of the 50 states to their location on the map, but have a hard time doing the same for 26 Swiss cantons.
- At Starbucks focus groups food tastings I wasn't allowed to participate when it came to determine the typical Swiss taste.
- When I hear "a glass of red wine" I think Napa Valley, not Lavaux. I have some flexibility there, though. South African and Australian wine are perfectly fine for me, too!
- My favourite holidays are St. Patrick's Day and Halloween
- I know my shoe size is 8.5, rather than 39
- I think saying "Hello, how are you" to a sales person is friendly, not shallow
- When given the choice I'd rather spend my vacation at pretty much any North American destination than in the Swiss mountains (even though they are breathtaking, I'll give you that!)
- Even though I quit drinking Coke zero excessively, I still think it tastes a million better than Rivella.
- I order off amazon.com in USD even though there is a .de site in Euros, never mind that shipping & handling cost slightly more and take longer.
- To me cheesecake is supposed to be sweet, not savoury.
How about you, do you feel 100% what you were born?
Are you interested in doing a weekly Top Ten Tuesday with me?