Today we're talking about things to know about me so we get along fine (in the morning, in traffic, at work, at the market,...)
1. I'm not a morning person. It's best to leave me alone and not talk to me until I've at least had my coffee. Also, please don't whistle, sing or do other cheerful things, it drives me crazy. Needless to say it's also not recommended to try and negotiate some screen time.
2. Pay attention to what happens on the street. Green means go, I don't have all day! Be aware that if I saw you cutting the line earlier, I'm sure as h*** not gonna let you squeeze in now!
3. Ever heard of a person's personal space? I value mine! Keep your shopping cart away from my butt; you'll get to put your purchases on the belt any second now!
4. I don't appreciate telephone marketers. I know you're just doing your job, but we have an entry in the phone directory that says "no advertising", and we mean it! I don't want to switch healthcare or phone providers, I don't want to subscribe to a magazine, and I don't want to participate in a survey. I don't care what "internal database" you got our number from (actually I wonder who sold it to you, but I don't want to get into that discussion with you), just delete it and make sure not to call again.
5. Doctors are busy people. So am I. If I have an appointment at 9am I expect to see the doc not later than at 9:15. If I want to sit around, reading magazines for an hour, I's rather go to Starbucks.
6. Not only do I worry about time (as I am entitled to, being Swiss and all), I worry about service (this one must be the wanna-be American in me, according to Phil, a very wise Aussie mate) So if you're my cleaning lady, I expect you to do your job, and if a problem arises that is within your range of expertise, I expect you to solve it, or at the very least to call me. "Sorry, I couldn't finish" is not acceptable.
7. If you're a waiter and you take my order, please write it down and make sure to pass it on. It's the small things, you know? I'd like my ice cream without whipped cream, and I don't care that I don't have to pay for it, I didn't want it in the first place, and I don't want to scrape it off!
8. I love Facebook, and I spend quite some time going through people's posts. If I like it, I give it a thumbs up, if I have something to say, I comment. If people ask me a question on my post, I answer. It'd be nice if you did that, too, especially after some horrific status like "I can't believe this, I'm so screwed!" Of course people start asking what happened. No reaction from you? Not cool.
9. If you specifically ask for my opinion or advice, have the courtesy to listen to what I have to say. Otherwise be fair and tell me that all you need is an outlet for your
10. I am an accommodating and helpful person, however if the only time you ever approach me is when you want something from me, it's not perceived well. I'm sure you can relate.
Phew, I feel like this did not come out the way it should have. I am usually a sunny person. Recently I have been irritated at work, though.
If you expected to learn 10 random fact about me you'll find them here (actually those are 11, nicely wrapped around my life's soundtrack), there are 9 more here, and 7 - one for each day of the week - here ;-)
What are things we need to know about you so I won't drop the brick?
Would you like to join us for next week's Top Ten Challenge? The theme is gonna be "Top Ten Rules", (great, reasonable, ridiculous, asking to be bent/broken), and it posts August 25.
But wait! Don't leave just yet - visit my fellow Top Ten Bloggers and see what they came up with! The linky-tool is up, please use it to link up your post!