Gingerbread Salad

You have read correctly. I'm introducing you to an unusual dish, and I hope you'll come to appreciate it!

For some reason in my Salad in a Jar post I committed to come up with a Gingerbread Salad. I really don't know what I was thinking. I'm not a recipe developer, so I'll just go with my gut, pun intended.

What I did is the following:

I made a fall winter salad using 

  • baby spinach
  • mixed greens
  • pear slices
  • dried cranberries
  • walnuts
  • blue cheese
  • balsamic vinaigrette

So far so good, you've had one of those before, right? Some restaurants like to call them Waldorf salads, even though I think they contain celery, too. 


Anyway. How about the gingerbread? I'm supposed to make a gingerbread salad. I made gingerbread muffins. Shall I go ahead and chop it?


No time like the present!


It looks like regular croutons! I think it might work! This is what I'm gonna do: I'll try it. If it's a fail I'll just remove the gingerbread pieces and pretend it never happened. Nobody is expecting this post anyway. Why can't I do simple stuff? Also, it's not like I didn't have other things to do. Geez, it's December! Number of gifts: zero. 


Cookie, our Elf, is my witness!



I ate it, and it was pretty neat! There are a lot of different flavours and textures, what with the blue cheese and the cranberries. I think the pears took some of the edge off the spicy gingerbread. 

So I dare you to try it yourself! Let me know what you think!


Comments