Today we're sharing our top ten favourite summer foods (and beverages, by all means). BBQ, salads, ice cream, GO!
- Insalata Caprese = Italian name for tomato mozzarella salad with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and some fresh basil
- Grilled veggies like zucchini, bell peppers, corn cobs, use leftovers for salads with chipotle chicken, avocado and cherry tomatoes
- Fresh herbs like Basil (see Caprese) or Cilantro for anything Mexican, I love grilled chicken with chipotle bbq sauce, oh wait, I already said that.
- Berries: Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries just plain or with Greek yogurt, ice cream or pancakes. Cherries, just plain or in a cake.
- Melon, even though I dread the smelly trash you get after throwing away the outer shell and the seeds, if cubes or wedges of different melons don't say "summer" I don't know what does. Around here dry-cured ham with melon is a popular appetizer.
- Anything lemony. Lemonade, muffins, sheet cake. So refreshing!
- Sushi, healthier than pizza, no baking required.
- Cheesecake, the summer version. Think regular NY Cheesecake with some berry compote, hahaha!
- Sparkling wine, there's a special kind designed to drink over ice which usually you're not supposed to
- Ice cream (sandwich), I am pretty intrigued by the combination of cake / cookie and ice cream even though I haven't made it myself so far. This is my favorite video: Byron Talbot's Brownie / Mint / Chocolate Chips Ice Cream Sandwich
What are your favourite summer treats? Leave me a comment down below or link up your own post using the linky-tool.
The week after, August 10, it's time to think about going back to school. Remembering your own school time, or if you're a Mom, what are the top ten things that make (or break) a good start into the new school year for your kids? Sign up here.