Welcome back to Top Ten Thursday!
Today let's list our top ten movie quotes and either go ahead and explain who said them and why we like them or just leave it to our readers to find out!
I'll take the second option because I feel mine are so easy to recognize! I have mentioned most of those movies, even some quotes in previous posts.
Go ahead and see for yourself:
- "The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino." "My mind goes blank."
- "Just keep swimming" "Fish are friends, not food"
- "I'll have what she's having." "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start ASAP."
- "Hit the pillow!" "You get a dictionary and find out what this "closure" is. If that's what he's going to hit us with, I want to know what it is."
- "It's scented, I think it gives it a little extra, don't you think?" "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't."
- "Here's looking at you, kid." "Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." "Play it again, Sam." "We'll always have Paris."
- "Yippee Ki Yay, Motherf*****!"
- "They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style." "Some labels are best left in the closet." " Maybe you're only alloted a certain amount of tears per man; and I've used mine up."
- "Lieutenant Dan got me invested in some kind of fruit company [Apple computer]. So then I got a call from him, saying we don’t have to worry about money no more. And I said, that’s good! One less thing." "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get."
- "I'll be back!"
How many did you recognize? Do you have any favorite movie quotes? Please share them in the comments down below or link up your own post using the linky-tool.
Go out there to a bus top, a grocery store, a fast food restaurant, a parking lot, and do some people watching. Tell us about ten of them: what were they up to, did they seem happy, why did they make an impression on you,..? Sign up here.
Thursday, August 31 we're on the brink. Summer's not over, but yet, there are signs that fall is approaching. What do you like about this time of year? List your top ten! (here's the Facebook event to sign-up to.)