Welcome back to Top Ten Thursday!
Today we're listing our top ten favorite cakes, pastries, cookies or pies. I've been looking forward to this one! The good news is: There is no harm in just looking at them or writing about them, so let's go!
And because it's hard to pick favorites, let's point out that they come in no particular order:
- Classic New York Cheesecake, plain, or with fresh strawberries.
- Marble Loaf Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Carrot Cake (the Swiss version. No raisins, no cheeesecake frosting)
- Gingerbread cake - the fluffy kind, not the dry one you need to build gingerbread houses, although I happen to think they are super cute to look at!
- Bündner Nusstorte - the maybe closest comparable thing would be a pecan pie, only this one is made with walnuts and shortbread dough. It's the one with the Steinbock on the picture. It's the Grisons state's heraldic animal.
- Maple glazed donut
- Black and white shortbread cookie, in Switzerland they're called Domino Sablés
Being assertive is hard. At least for me. So listing the top ten situations I enforced my point, spoke up, stood up for myself, for somebody else or for the right thing, will be difficult to say the least. That's why it's called a challenge, though, right? It posts Thursday, November 30. Sign up here.