Top Ten Thursday - Wisdom Sayings



Welcome back to Top Ten Thursday





Today we're listing the top ten facts, myths or sayings we believe in, for example "he that hath, to him shall be given", "what goes around, comes around" or "there are a lot of vitamins in chocolate" ;-)

I'll start with "You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one". It means to me you need to get closure, let go and move on.



"Follow your heart but take your brain with you", very wise! I tend to know deep down (gut feeling) what to do, but it can never hurt to actually think things through before acting too impulsively.


"There is a difference between giving up and knowing when you have had enough". I guess it's about realizing that sometimes you may try very hard and long, and you still need to admit that every effort is pointless and you're wasting your time and energy. 

"I don't have grey hair, I have wisdom highlights" - doesn't sound very deep, just a reminder to always look at the bright side of life. Because typically every situation has at least two sides, and in order to resolve things you need to consider the one that isn't yours.



"People who wonder whether the glass is half empty or half full miss the point... The glass is refillable." This one is about being hands-on in life. I love it!!



"Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching" - oh, how I like this one. For some people it is hard enough to do half-assed right things only when the press is filming.



"The answer may not be at the beach. But shouldn't we at least check?" To be honest, I can't find a deeper meaning other than not to throw out a suggestion without serious consideration. I just like the light-hearted naive question. 



"Take it or leave it" (it exists in French, too "c'est a prendre ou à laisser) - possibly my life's motto. How very black and white of me, huh? I don't like people who keep whining and complaining about their problems but never actually accept help and work to make things better. 




"Nothing changes if nothing changes" almost the same thing. You need to take a step in order to get away - in whatever direction. I guess it also means people want change for the better and expect others to make it happen - just if everybody is waiting, nothing ever happens. 



"A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work." Now that kind of sucks the fun out of dreaming! So no fairies, unicorns or knights in shining armors?  I have to deserve it through working my butt off? Booo...




What did you think of those, did any speak to you? Do you have a favorite quote guiding you? Leave me a comment down below or link up your own post.

On January 18 we will do a cross-challenge of sorts. Top Ten Thursday conveniently collides with 20 Days of Chill which's prompt is 10 things that make you happy. There. One prompt, two writing challenges, one post, I like. I'm happy. Sign up here.




January 25 let's do the photo scavenger hunt I was talking about in my fun things to do in 2018 post: take pictures of the following items / situations :
  1. barrel
  2. crochet
  3. empty space
  4. snacks
  5. beads
  6. chalkboard
  7. success
  8. umbrella
  9. fuzzy
  10. blogger 
and complete them with captions or a short story! How fun is that? Here's the link to the FB event






Comments