Welcome back to Top Ten Thursday!
There are certain things we feel magically drawn to: "stuff", foods, people, locations,... what are yours?
Here's my list:
- All things shiny, sparkly and glittery: jewellery, clothing items, stationary. Same goes for pink.
- Baked items: even though I know I can't have them, I like to stop and smell the freshly baked bread and have a look at the cute cupcakes. Don't get me started at cinnamon rolls!
- Office / crafts supplies: erasers (preferably the ones that smell like chewing gum), pens, stickers, beads, notepads, I neeed to check them out!
- Scented candles: I just recently found out that a Swiss department store chain incorporated Yankee Candles into their product range. They're pricey, but I love 'em, so I got myself some "Summer Scoop" and "Red Raspberry" - yummy! Just the other day I finally lit a Truelux candle I got from a friend a while ago. Same category: Body Lotions. I may have too many - if there is such a thing. They're like clothes: different scented lotions for every day. A rainy day asks for a different body lotion than a warm and sunny one. I think we can all agree on that.
- Starbucks Coffee stores: unless I just had coffee I want to pop in. Hey, even if it's just for bottled water, let me just wait in line for a couple of minutes, soak up the smell of freshly brewed coffee and listen to some whatever that music category is called. Maybe the fact that English speaking people frequent SBUX plays a role, see #8
- Travel: if I hear somebody tell somebody else about their recent trip to (insert random destination) I want to hear all about it. Also, please let me see your pictures!!
- Purses. I don't think I need to explain.
- All things English: in order to appreciate this you must understand I'm typically surrounded by (Swiss) German speaking people. This is especially true for the village we live at. Less than an hour's drive either towards Zurich or Zug, however, things improve, and you can hear a great deal of English, which I love.
- Tall, dark and handsome guys. Think George Clooney, Roman Josi or Denzel Washington. Hey, I'm married, not dead!
- Sunset / dusk, especially at a body of water. Sceneries with dramatic skies. Blows my mind every time.
What are things, locations, foods or people that you are magically drawn to? Let me know in the comments down below, or better yet, link up your own post, using the linky-tool.
June 28 it's time for another photo scavenger hunt. Here are the items to take pictures of:
Can you believe July is just around the corner? In the first week of July there are two important national days going on: July 1st: Canada Day and July 4, Independence Day, so let's honor those two countries, shall we? Let's talk about the top ten things that we (dis)like about the U.S. and Canada, differences that strike us, whatever comes to mind! Sign up here. We post on Thursday, July 5.