The "Mom, I'm bored Jar"
There are different "Mom, I'm bored Jars" out there - I've seen a couple of posts online, so I don't know who to give credit for.
They are mason jars or boxes that contain items (popsickle sticks, notes, tokens) that suggest activities for the kids to keep busy. Most moms are smart and alternate fun activities with chores.
In order to make it unique I decided to customize ours hockey themed:
I labeled a hockey player's water bottle and used blank hockey puck templates to print the activities on:
It couldn't be more simple:
- Grab a jar, bottle, Tupperware container, anything that holds a certain amount of small items.
- Label it "Mom, I'm bored Jar"
- Come up with activities you know your kid(s) will like
- Consult my Pinterest Board if you're looking for ideas
- Come up with activities you want your kid(s) to do for school or to help out around the house
- Write those activities onto popsicle sticks, tokens or simple paper notes
- Fill your container with the items
- Make coffee, relax and enjoy your freedom!
- Have your skates rounded
- Read the latest "Slapshot" (monthly Swiss hockey magazine, aka known as Hockey Guy's Bible)
- Find hockey jokes (I pasted some below for your entertainment)
- Have some ice cream
- Declutter your drawers
- iPad for 30 minutes
- Make a snack
- Go roller skating
- Fold the laundry
- Plan a dinner
- Sharpen your pencils
- Do a hockey word search (one is added below - good luck!)
- Pick your own strawberries
- Visit a hay maze
- Build a fort
- List hockey players from A-Z
- Google arenas' addresses for our trip
- Do a hockey scavenger hunt (I'm gonna have to come up with my own, but I'll paste an epic one below)
- Do 20 jumping jacks
- Clean out your books and toys closet
- Draw a picture of your hockey team
- Do a ABC photo hunt (see video below)
- Do 20 push-ups
- Google the top 10 singles in 2008 (the year Colin was born)
- Ride the EVZ bus (our team sponsored a local public bus)
- Go on a bike ride
- How cold is it at the North Pole today?
- What is the Luxemburgerli (name of yummy Zurich macaroon) of the month?
- Ride the Ferris wheel
- Create your own burger
- Go down a water slide
- What is the seasonal donut at Dunkin Donuts?
Hockey Word Search: