Blog with Friends - Hockey Mom, I'm bored Bottle



July was decided to be "anti-boredum month", and I immediately knew this was my cue to tackle a cute project I saved on my Pinterest Board a while back:


The "Mom, I'm bored Jar"

There are different "Mom, I'm bored Jars" out there - I've seen a couple of posts online, so I don't know who to give credit for. 


Pinterest
They all serve the same purpose, though: 

They are mason jars or boxes that contain items (popsickle sticks, notes, tokens) that suggest activities for the kids to keep busy. Most moms are smart and alternate fun activities with chores. 

In order to make it unique I decided to customize ours hockey themed:

I labeled a hockey player's water bottle and used blank hockey puck templates to print the activities on:







It couldn't be more simple:
  1. Grab a jar, bottle, Tupperware container, anything that holds a certain amount of small items.
  2. Label it "Mom, I'm bored Jar" 
  3. Come up with activities you know your kid(s) will like
  4. Consult my Pinterest Board if you're looking for ideas
  5. Come up with activities you want your kid(s) to do for school or to help out around the house
  6. Write those activities onto popsicle sticks, tokens or simple paper notes
  7. Fill your container with the items
  8. Make coffee, relax and enjoy your freedom!




Here are the activities I chose:
  • Have your skates rounded
  • Read the latest "Slapshot" (monthly Swiss hockey magazine, aka known as Hockey Guy's Bible)
  • Find hockey jokes (I pasted some below for your entertainment)
  • Have some ice cream
  • Declutter your drawers
  • iPad for 30 minutes
  • Make a snack
  • Go roller skating
  • Fold the laundry
  • Plan a dinner
  • Sharpen your pencils
  • Do a hockey word search (one is added below - good luck!)
  • Pick your own strawberries
  • Visit a hay maze
  • Build a fort
  • List hockey players from A-Z
  • Google arenas' addresses for our trip 
  • Do a hockey scavenger hunt (I'm gonna have to come up with my own, but I'll paste an epic one below)
  • Do 20 jumping jacks
  • Clean out your books and toys closet
  • Draw a picture of your hockey team
  • Do a ABC photo hunt (see video below)
  • Do 20 push-ups
  • Google the top 10 singles in 2008 (the year Colin was born)
  • Ride the EVZ bus (our team sponsored a local public bus) 
  • Go on a bike ride
  • How cold is it at the North Pole today? 
  • What is the Luxemburgerli (name of yummy Zurich macaroon) of the month?
  • Ride the Ferris wheel
  • Create your own burger
  • Go down a water slide
  • What is the seasonal donut at Dunkin Donuts?

The possibilities are endless!

Hockey Word Search:






Source: NHL Tweet

Hockey Jokes:



Colin's 2012 Summer ABC Hunt:




What do you do to stay sane this summer? Let me know in the comments below.
Please check out my blog friends' contributions:

Karen of Baking In A Tornado came up with a recipe for layered Thai Shrimp Salad. "Go ahead, get out of the house and enjoy the summer weather", she says, "this make-ahead dinner will be waiting when you get home."

Jules of The Bergham Chronicles' list of simple - and low cost - ways will help you to beat boredom.

Dawn of Spatulas on Parade hit the kitchen and came up with a Buffalo Chicken Celery recipe that certainly spiked my curiosity!
Kim of Georgia Vegan Peach has 5 Fun Vegan Recipes to beat the summer heat, the lackluster enthusiasm of not wanting to get out of the house, and for energy to tackle summer school, camp or summer job.
Lydia from Cluttered Genius is talking about the Easiest. Scrapbook.Ever. "Think you don’t have time to create a scrapbook?" she asks. "Check this one out!"

Comments