Top Ten Thursday - Halloween Plans

Welcome to Top Ten Thursday!



Today it's high time to plan for Halloween. Post your top ten things you want to craft, bake, decorate with, etc. Pinterest pins, online shopping items, everything goes!


  1. Scary face pancakes for breakfast. Unfortunately I missed to bring candy corn from the U.S. It is available in Switzerland, but the cost (15 bucks) is just crazy. Maybe I'll find some Tic Tacs. 
  2. Dress up the Barbie girls - and Cookie, our Christmas Elf. It has become a tradition that the Barbies and the Elf are partying around Halloween. A picture will eventually make it to Colin's after the fact. 
  3. Speaking of hockey guy. He got himself a grim reaper's costume in the U.S. - I told him the scythe wouldn't fit into a suitcase, and I didn't think it was a good idea to declare it to be his carry-on item ;-) So we need to find one in Switzerland. Bonus points if I can source some glow in the dark paint! 
  4. A visit to the pumpkin patch - this year's theme is mythical creatures, and their master piece is a unicorn. 
  5. Decorate the living room - obviously!! Over the years I have accumulated a lot of stuff, so the only thing I might need to get is a tablecloth. But first - clean up said living room. boo!
  6. Dig out the sweaters, yay! Unfortunately the sneakers won't fit this guy anymore - we got them four years ago. and it was a bit of a project.
  7. For dinner I might make Skull Pizza Bites using the molds I bought. Or Make Quesadilla Mummies, Frankenstein Kiwis or other cool snacks
  8. Dessert? From previous years I have shallow molds that I'll probably use to make gummy treats. I also purchased some cookie cutters / stencils. Not sure what I am going to use them for. Crackers? Cookies?
  9. Chill the Champagne. This year might be the first time we let the kids go trick or treating on their own - more time for the moms to bond. Cheers!
  10. Go to bed wearing glow in the dark PJs.

How does this sound? Good plan? Anything important missing? I have a few books and games I lay out every year, but they never have time or interest...

November 1st let's assume there is a local entrepreneur market where you live. What may be ten items / services you will be offering there? Sign up here.



It's been a while... On November 8 let's do another Photo Scavenger Hunt. Here are the ten items to take pictures of:


  1. Rubber duckie
  2. Guitar
  3. Deck chairs
  4. Apple
  5. Stick figure family car sticker
  6. Fire hydrant
  7. Ice cream
  8. 13
  9. Pizza
  10. Taxi

Have fun with your assignment! Sign up here.





Comments