Top Ten Thursday - Elf on the Shelf


Welcome to Top Ten Thursday!


Happy Thanksgiving! 

For those of us who do Elf on the Shelf (even if you don't!) the season kicks off today. 

That's why we are listing 10 reasons why we (don't) love this tradition or 10 creative hiding spots for the Elf. 

I'm obviously a huge fan so I won't list pros but go straight to ideas. I've been doing it for five seasons, and it's getting tough to come up with new stuff. Also I'm constantly at work or on the go so I don't have time to do crafts and prepare time-consuming pranks like I did in previous years.

As Colin is now ten years old I wasn't even sure he was still interested in continuing, so Cookie - that's our Elf's name - sent him a note.



Sure enough Colin replied that he and his family would very much appreciate her visiting this season, so here we go!


As I was saying, all the hiding spots have been used up in our house, so what I have come up with is a daily quiz or trivia note. Topics are Christmas (duh), Sports, Food, Travel,...

Without giving away too much, here's a selection of what is coming up - let me know if you know all the answers!













I had fun creating them. Come back every Friday starting Nov 30, and you'll read all about how it went down!

In terms of Top Ten Thursday, here's what's next:

On November 29 it may be getting hectic in your life. Don't forget to stop and smell the gingerbread, though. List 10 things that made you smile, relax, be mindful,... these days.
Sign up here.




On December 6 let's do another Photo Scavenger Hunt. Since 'tis the season, why don't we make it a Christmas themed one? Take pictures of the following items and complete them with back stories, captures,... Sign up here.


  1. Coca-Cola Christmas Truck
  2. Beautifully wrapped gift(s)
  3. Ornaments
  4. Stockings
  5. Christmas Tree
  6. Gingerbread Man
  7. Santa
  8. Candle(s)
  9. Fireplace
  10. Cookies







Comments