Secret Subject Swap - Days of the Week


Welcome to February's Secret Subject Swap. Again 8 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.

Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts.  

Sit back, grab a cup and check them all out:

Baking In A Tornado

Never ever give up hope
Wandering Webdesigner
Cognitive Script 
Southern Belle Charm 
The Bergham Chronicles
Climaxed
Part-Time Working Hockey Mom   


My subject is



What's your favorite day of the week? Why?

It was submitted by: Southern Belle Charm  - thank you, Minette!

When I received this month's subject I quickly replied to Karen: 


Obviously my favorite day is Friday! 

Why? Not only is it prompt day but also, two weeks later, it's publish day!



Plus, TGIF!

I think I'll leave it at that and do you and myself a favor and proceed to happy hour - after all in Switzerland publish time is 4pm, good enough, right?





Once I'm here, though, why don't I tell you about my month of January because frankly weekdays haven't been the same.

This time last year this is what my week looked like:



  • Monday: day off, Zumba class in the morning, pick up Colin from school at 3pm and drive to hockey practice
  • Tuesday: full day at work
  • Wednesday: morning at work, rush home, make lunch, pack stuff, leave for hockey practice
  • Thursday: day off, personal training in the morning, typically my day for appointments at the dentist's, hairdresser's and the like
  • Friday: work till 3pm, pick up hockey guy and drive to practice

As you know a few weeks ago my coworker died from a stroke at the office, and not only have I been busy doing whatever an employer has to do when someone of your team dies, I tried to take over some of the immediate work load that occurred due to being short handed.

Plus they moved the practice schedule, so this year in January my week was like:

  • Monday: day at the office, rush home to make lunch, rush back to work
  • Tuesday: work till 3pm, pick up hockey guy and drive to practice
  • Wednesday: morning at work, rush home, make lunch, pack stuff, leave for hockey practice
  • Thursday: day at the office, with the exception that on January 24 hubby and I attended JC's funeral
  • Friday: work till 3pm, pick up hockey guy and drive to practice

Sounds like there wasn't room for a favorite day, or was there?

At the funeral they talked about moments. 


Moments that are gruesome, and you hope they will soon pass so you can forget about them, and moments that are so precious that you want to extend them as long as you can and will cherish fond memories of. 


Of course we were painfully aware of the fact that all the mourning family now has to sustain themselves are the nice moments from the past.


So what I have  consciously been trying to do these days was to pay attention to the little things going on around me, or, even better, to create the little things.


Like taking hockey guy out for sushi instead of giving him yet another sandwich to eat in the car, making it apoint to get out of the car to take a picture (at the beginning of this post) or sending a Swiss friend her favorite carnival treat to her new home in Scotland.




Plus there's always game day which is my secret favorite day!



Do you have a favorite day? Which one is it? 


Let me know down below and then head over to my fellow secret subject bloggers and check out what their prompt was!

Comments

  1. You are so incredibly busy! I was exhausted just reading it. My days are pretty much the same since I work from home, but Fridays & Sundays are my favorite. Fridays because it's sleepover night with the grands and I love Sundays because I always cook a big meal and we stay at home all day. Can you tell I'm a complete homebody? I'm sorry about your co worker I lost my mom last month too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite day is Saturday. I usually have the house all to myself, so after I get up and give the dog her insulin, I have some breakfast and watch cartoons wrapped in a throw on the couch. it's the best me-time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.