Blog with Friends - Bed, Bathroom and Boo!



Welcome back to another episode of Blog with Friends - this month's theme is BOO!


I may have mentioned that I love fall, sweather weather, pumkin spice and Halloween. Even if Switzerland's retail doesn't do Halloween, they do fall season.

As soon as the back to school business is over, you can see foliage decoration and venison specialties everywhere.

I found my inspiration for this post in the non-food aisle, though. At the drug store section, to be more specific. I saw shower gels and immediately was like BOOM! I mean, BOO!

See, the shower gel varieties in question were neatly arranged: green, purple, plain, white and orange. If this doesn't scream Frankenstein, Witch, Mummy and Jack'O'Lantern, what does?


I removed the labels (had to use a little alcohol to rub off remaining glue) and went to work with my Sharpie, some glitter paper, bandaging material and crochet hook - wow, yes, me, crocheting! It's like riding a bike, who would have thought.


I crocheted Frankenstein's hair, even gave him some curly bangs. 



For the witch's hat I used glitter paper. My desk is still full of it.



Glued on some googly eyes and wrapped that mummy up!



One more use for the crochet hook to create the pumpkin's stem.



Here's one big happy, yet slightly scary family. Boo!



So tell me - which one would you be most likely to use for tomorrow's shower?

This was a short post, barely a tutorial, because frankly, I have a hard time describing who I painted a Jack'O'Lantern face, and even harder for the crocheting, because all I really did was playing it by ear.

In order to still provide some entertainment, I'd love to share some fun Halloween riddles:
  • How do you fix a broken Jack'O'Lantern? - With a pumpkin patch.
  • Why do old hags wear name tags? - To know which witch is which!
  • Where do spirits pick up their mail? - At the ghost office.
  • When is it bad luck to see a black cat? - When you're a mouse.
  • Why did Snap, Crackle and Pop get scared? - Because they heard a cereal killer was on the loose.
  • What is a ghost's favorite dessert? - Ice Scream.
  • Why don't monsters eat crazy people? - They're allergic to nuts.
  • What do you call an old hag at the beach? - A sandwitch

Speaking of witches, I love how they use the regular parking lot:


Source: the Internet

Before you take off with your broom or whatever your means of transportation, please check out my friends' posts:


  • Dawn of Spatulas On Parade prepared some Boo Treats for us.

Comments

  1. I couldn't help but laugh at your shower creations. I love how your mind works, how you could see those shower products and the wheels in your head started turning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Halloween post! ☺ And, I'm in awe of your crafting skills. 👋👋👋

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envy other folks' decorations. I'm just too lazy these days. I've lost my Inner Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant. I love them all. You've a wonderful imagination and are most talented.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. So we decorated the guest bathroom for the first time...this would be a great set of additions!! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.