20 Days of Chill 2020 - Beautiful Places

Welcome back to 20 Days of Chill. Today's prompt is 

Beautiful Places


I don't know about your place, but around here it has been foggy and gray for a couple of days. So how about going (beautiful) places? There are so many, and I have been to some of them.

Let's start at the Pacific Northwest. To be honest Vancouver can have some depressing weather, too - but once or twice we managed to explore Canada's third largest metropolitan area on blue sky days.



Less than a two hours' drive south you can find yourself fish shopping. Or coffee sipping, and as a result, being sleepless in Seattle.



Talk about fog. San Francisco can be super bitchy and downright close its curtains on you. And then there are the other days. Just gorgeous!




Now here's my second home, La Jolla / San Diego, the finest city, gotta love Southern California. I have to move on, though, because this makes me wanna go there immediately.




Craziness in the desert, and so much fun. Even if you don't gamble. There is so much to see or do in Las Vegas. And you don't even have to tell anyone. Cause, you know, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. 




If you like it more down to earth, come to Denver, Colorado. Let me take that back. It's nicknamed the Mile High City because its elevation is 5,280 feet above sea level. That's a mile, folks.




Take a five to six hours' road trip to Utah and explore Arches National Park.
Bring your sneakers, enough water and a hat and hike up to Delicate Arch. The first time we came here, we thought it was just a vista point to enjoy from the parking lot, so we didn't have any of those things. We learned the hard way.




If you're into National Parks, Bryce Canyon will definitely delight you! How about this gorgeous (double) rainbow!





How can you even describe a scenery like this? Humbling, impressing,..?




Or this? Grand Canyon - not my favorite, because crowded, but hey, can't miss ia classic either.




Moving on to the East Coast. I'm lucky I have never experienced a bitter cold winter day in Toronto, or I might not be so fond of this gorgeous city.



Philadelphia is certainly a city for people who are interested in the history of the United States. What with the Declaration of Independence and all. Or you may just hang out at the Love Park.



Talking of independence. Oh wait, that's Liberty! 



How to catch the the Manhattan Bridge and the Empire State Building in one picture... New York City at its best! Stand at the intersection of Water Street and Washington Street in Dumbo.




From the big city to the subtropical game reserves in South Africa. Meet my new pet. I met this lion cub somewhere in Mohlabetsi, Kruger Park.



A rare sight of two stunning rhino makes you feel privileged and sad at the same time. Can't poachers just leave them alone?



And because I can only be an outdoorsy person for so long, let's end the day at the V & A Waterfront in Cape Town, my happy place where the city meets the sea! Restaurants, shops, yeah, that's more like my natural habitat!



This post has been very partial to North America. Let's balance it out by visiting a few European spots. Paris, France! The Eiffel Tower - the end, hahaha! 
Of course there's way more to this beautiful city, you may check it out over here.




London, England - visit as long as Brexit hasn't come through because God knows what happens after that ;-) Ride the double decker bus and explore all the sights like the Big Ben. This picture was taken in 2011, the toddler in the orange jacket is 3 year old Colin!



And finally, visit my country, Switzerland! Zurich is not the capital, but we feel and act like it. This building at the Bahnhofstrasse is my favorite.



I'm proud of my city. We live a good 24 miles west, and traffic is usually ugly, but it's worth the trip.



I know it's bad enough I din't cover Asia. My brother lives in Israel but I haven't visited in (I don't have enough fingers to count the years), and apart from a layover in Singapore, I simply have not experienced anything on this continent. Talk about an education gap.

We have, however, spent our honeymoon in Australia, (again, I don't have enough fingers to count the years) and for last year's A - Z Blogging Challenge I went ahead and scanned the photos we took. Remember real film and pictures that needed to be developed at the lab? It took a week or so? Yeah, those. Here's the Sydney Opera for you.


Or the gorgeous Harbour Bridge. Even though the sights were stunning, I liked the people the best. Friendly mates, such a change to the grumpy Europeans I deal with on a daily basis.



This is a wrap, people. I hope you've enjoyed traveling with me. 

Did you find a favorite location? Did I miss yours? Which one is it and why?
Let me know in the comments below. Hope you come back for 18 more days of chill!

In the meantime why don't you visit our host's and the other participants posts here.







Thursday, January 2: A new decade
Friday, January 3: Beautiful places
Monday, January 6: Is that chicken?
Tuesday, January 7: Show me the way
Wednesday, January 8: Naps
Thursday, January 9: Snow
Friday, January 10: Fri-Yay
Monday, January 13: Social media
Tuesday, January 14: Cheddar
Wednesday, January 15: Dream on
Thursday, January 16: Popcorn
Friday, January 17: Snapshot
Monday, January 20: Last meal
Tuesday, January 21: Battle of the phones
Wednesday, January 22: Sign it in ink
Thursday, January 23: Spam
Friday, January 24: May I take your order?
Monday, January 27: A cocktail, if you will
Tuesday, January 28: Bring me to you
Wednesday, January 29: Oh, thank goodness!

Comments

  1. Fantastic travel photos, Tamara! 👏👏👏 I share your love for San Diego, as you know, and also enjoyed Las Vegas. Have yet to visit Vancouver and San Francisco, but they are definitely on the list. Our beautiful Toronto is nicer in summer, but the CN Tower looks great all year round.🗼

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to a few of the places you've mentioned. The one we misses based on deciding to go a bit "off plan" -- and in the end it was worth it as we found an amazing spot -- was Arches National Park. I'll get back there one day, though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.