Lockdown Project



So we are looking at interesting times.

Western Europe is being badly affected by Corona virus infections, and our infrastructures are not prepared to handle that many patients, let alone the economic consequences.

Every day there is new bad news about cases and deaths. 

Then there's the social aspect and everyday life that is being turned upside down.

First they canceled the hockey season, then the POTUS announced no Europeans are allowed to enter the United States, a few days later our very own Swiss federal council locked down our country, people are squirrelling around hoarding pasta and toilet paper, and now they are closing all schools. I'm afraid the next step will be to shut down non-essential businesses.

In some states they hurriedly implemented e-learning platforms for kids my son's age and older, but ours hasn't. I figured I still had to occupy Colin. I saw this and had to admit it wasn't feasible. 


While in Colin's eyes it begins to look more realistic starting from Day 4, I still felt I needed to come up with something more customized. 




Colin loves learning about other countries, this is how we came up with a plan for the rest of this month:



Every day we will learn about the history, culture and perks of a different country. We'll make some typical food, listen to music and learn a few words in the respective language. 

So we'll kick tomorrow off by making pancakes with maple syrup and probably proceed to watching hockey highlights of past seasons...

A friend who lives in Scotland already offered to do FaceTime on our "Great Britain Day". Others will advise on culinary and other questions. I will certainly need help when it's Mauritius' turn - looking at you, Zee!

While I am worried about social distancing in my very village, I love how online friends are reaching out. 

So I'm hoping you'll join us and post about your days using the hashtag #lockdownproject



Let's connect on Social Media:

Comments

  1. Happy to help with the facts about the Czech Republic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea and a great learning concept! I enjoyed your first one, about Canada. 😃🍁
    This situation is like an episode of the Twilight Zone. Surreal! 😯 At least, we are all in it together and can support each other. Have a good week, Tamara!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.