Secret Subject Swap - One Thing I want to do in 2022



Welcome to January's Secret Subject Swap

Again four brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.

Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts.  

Sit back, grab a cup and check them all out:

Baking In A Tornado
The Diary of an Alzheimer Caregiver
Climaxed

Part-Time Working Hockey Mom


My subject is

What is one thing you didn't get a chance to do in 2021 that you want to do in 2022?

It was submitted by: The Diary of an Alzheimer Caregiver - thank you, Rena! 
Did you go back to your roots, blog-wise?

Short answer - and you'll probably agree: 

I'd love to live a pandemic-free life! 

  • Travel with only the usual hassle
  • Attend events that, once planned and paid for, actually take place 
  • Eat at a restaurant that is permanently open and doesn't require proof of vaccination 
  • Go shopping and find everything I need. 
  • Maybe even linger a little bit longer than absolutely necessary, just to look at stuff

The list goes on.

While I'm an optimistic, or even naive person, I unfortunately don't think these are realistic scenarios. 

Yet, 2021, despite its low points, was slightly better than 2020. So hopefully, bottom line, in 2022 we will experience an upwards trend as well. Maybe this entire misery was supposed to instill some gratitude and humility into people? God knows some are in desperate need of it.

So I guess one thing I want to (keep) do(ing) in 2022 is to keep up my spirits and inspire others to do so as well. If everyone within their little bubble creates a positive atmosphere, and the people around them keep carrying it out there, spreading confidence, it should make an impact right?

At the same time I pledge to stay away from stupidity and negativity. These anti-everything threads may be entertaining up to a certain point, but they're really a waste of time. Time I can use for better purposes.

How about you? Is there anything you weren't able to do last year and plan to get done in 2022?






Comments

  1. It's hard, the balance between realistic and idealistic, and also between realistic and pessimistic, and between being informed and feeling crushed. I think the need to learn balance is ongoing. Sounds like you have a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this point, it's difficult to remember what a pandemic-free life was like! That is what a fervently wish for also. Attending a rock concert is high on my list - we used to go several times a year and REALLY miss the experience. I bought tickets to see Alice Cooper in Toronto on March 26, but I seriously doubt that event will go on. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that's so hard sometimes. I love your answer! I hope your 2022 is definitely better than years past.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.