Ultimate Blog Challenge - Happy New Year!

Hello and welcome to another season of the Ultimate Blog Challenge!

Prompts will be sent out daily by our host Paul, so we improvise. And yes, daily, means weekends, too. 

At the same time, I'm also participating in another round of 20 Days of Chill! 

How does this work? Throughout the month of January, a small group of bloggers will be using pre-announced prompts given by our host, A'lil HooHaa. It's 20 because we'll only post Monday through Friday.

My plan is to combine the two if possible. Otherwise I'll do separate posts. We'll see how it goes. I'll probably be writing day and night and not have a lot of time to visit other blogs, but I'll do my best. 

Soooo... 

It's been a busy year. I posted an entire recap.

Going through my 2021 I recognize that despite its low points, it was slightly better than 2020. At the very least we got to do more stuff and see more friends. 

Last night we invited the friends at whose place we usually celebrate New Year's Eve. It was time to return the favor.

Hubby held up amazingly well.

See, December 30, one of our coworkers - who had been working from home for a while - had tested positive despite of being fully vaccinated. So my husband thought it was a good idea to run and get the booster right away. He felt poorly but managed to sit with us.






Don't tell anyone, but we sped up the process. At about 11:20 pm we popped the corks, toasted to 2022, said goodbye to our guests and went to sleep. Well, we tried. Everyone else was firing their fireworks. Around 1am it became quiet.

Here's to happy new year! Hope it brings all you wish for and more!

What did you guys do for New Year's Eve?



Comments

  1. Happy New Year, Tamara! I hope everyone stays healthy!

    It was a quiet evening here for us - but we stayed up to watch the ball drop in Times Square on TV and then went to bed!

    To a wonderful 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamara, good luck on both of your writing challenges. You are off to a terrific start. Your New Year's Eve meal looks yummy. To celebrate the new year, I had a peanut butter & jelly sandwich as a late night snack. It was tasty. Wishing you a fantastic year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year. It was a quiet New Year for us. The fireworks started at 8pm but they were done by 12.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I hope 2022 wil be a great year for you. I'm glad your husband was able to celebrate with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Tamara. We had an invite for New Year's Eve but decided it was too cold. What if the car wouldn't start when we want to come home? How easily would it be to get a cab on New Year's Eve. So instead we stayed home and watch The Lost Daughter on Netflix and in bed by 11 pm. Actually I love staying home.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! We watched football around here -- my college team was playing in the semifinals. Then my hubby and I watched a movie, drank some sparkling cider, and waited for our son to get home!

    2022 is going to be a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delicious looking dinner! Looking forward to visiting your blogs again, wow 2 challenges at once!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We went to bed! We aren’t so wild! Had a nice, quiet evening!

    Two blog challenges at once! Hope that goes well!

    Happy New Year!

    Blessings,
    Laurie
    Ridge Haven Homestead

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.