Secret Subject Swap - Help is in Sight

Welcome to July's Secret Subject Swap

Again four brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.

Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts.  

Sit back, grab a cup and check them all out:

Baking In A Tornado
The Diary of an Alzheimer Caregiver
Climaxed
Part-Time Working Hockey Mom

My subject is 

You get one for free for a year, which would you take? House cleaner, chef, or a chauffeur?

It was submitted by: Baking In A Tornado thank you, Karen! I so appreciate the offer!

I have to be honest, I was quick to yell "cleaner", just because this is the most dreadful part of 
being the female in the house. 

On second thought though?

I already have a cleaning lady who comes to our house every other week, and now that my regular helper is finally back on her feet after several weeks of being on sick leave, I appreciate it all the more. Of course I have to pay her, and it'd be nice to get rid of these costs for a year.

However, a chef? You know a trained professional who is familiar with all kinds of cuisines that I may dare to touch but will never master? 




A person in charge of not only providing several meals a day but to make them nutritionally balanced and still delicious? 

Someone who has the time to simmer a pasta sauce for several hours, who will know where to get the ripest peaches and doesn't shy away from messy tasks like making cinnamon rolls?

Hell, yeah!

I may send them links to videos I watched, for, let's say Tamales from scratch, and they'd be "sure, I'm on it!"

I have mentioned many times how hard, if not impossible it is to get certain ingredients in Switzerland. This would not be my problem anymore. Surely a professional chef has their sources and ways!

Let's not forget our irregular daily and weekly routine. On hockey practice nights this person could prepare a dinner to go in a container that keeps the food warm for Colin and myself and later serve something more reasonable than what hubby would "make" for himself. 

On a regular work day it would definitely be very nice to come home and just sit down!

How about the next morning? Coffee is already made as you stumble to the kitchen! (I don't do capsules, I like my French Press, which takes some preparation time.) Now I am not allowed to do this every day, but some fluffy Sunday pancakes would totally make my day!

I'm on a roll now. Imagine having guests over, and you don't have to slave in the kitchen for hours before, during and after their visit! You just discuss the menu, the number of people, and you show up for dinner!

For any charity event I volunteer to bake cookies or something, I would now be able to delegate it. As you know, I love to bake, and I would not quit baking during that year, but I don't love to individually wrap 50 cupcakes! Also, for a professional it would be no sweat to decorate a cake really nicely, using piping bags and stuff, you know?

This professional might think the way my kitchen is organized doesn't make sense - they're more than welcome to rearrange my kitchenware, containers and food supplies. 

So what date does my chef start?

This was such a fun writing assignment, thank you for the opportunity to daydream, Karen!





If yo have a minute I'd love if you checked out my other post. In a 31-Days-Series I'm talking about all kinds of aspects of motherhood. Today's article is about part two of my birth experience.










Comments

  1. Wow, now you've convinced me that I need a personal chef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'd have to go with house cleaner! No matter how hard I try I just can't seem to keep things in their places. LOL I love cooking so I'll keep doing that while the house cleaner is keeping my house tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A house cleaner for me would be lovely, sadly isn't gonna happen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have an accountant! I hate trying to keep up with the bills and stuff but of course juggling bills I couldn't really afford one so I better not forget to pay the electric bill...again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.