Pooch

For the month of August A'lil Hoohaa's assignment is to come up with five pictures that represent "Pooch". 

This was going to be a tough assignment for me since I'm not a dog owner and I didn't feel like crashing dog parks and taking pictures of strangers' dogs. 

I had big ideas though. I might go to the airport and find a drug sniffing dog. Or stalk a home for the blind and wait to run into someone with a Seeing Eye Dog. We have friends whom we haven't seen in ages, and they have a (insert name) dog. It's pretty big and fuzzy white haired. 

In real life, however, school and hockey season started on August 8, and I just had to keep my eyes open for random encounters.

This cuddly fellow was waiting patiently for their owner in front of a bakery on Sunday morning. Do dogs like the smell of freshly baked goods?




We encountered this one in the mountain cable car that took us to a heart shaped lake and a fantastic view. There were even nuns on a spying mission. Read all about it here. Interestingly, back down in the village we ran into this dog's owners again as we were going out for dinner.




Another random encounter while waiting for the season opener's puck drop. Video of the hockey game here.




May I just say it's weird to snap pictures of complete stranger's dogs? 

Makes me feel like some sort of stalker. Good thing I have a few friends who are dog owners. Like this one. His brother belongs to another family we're friends with. They got them almost at the same time. I can't keep them apart.




For what it's worth, I know this guy's name. He's called Dusty, and he's my hairdresser's loyal companion, a very good boy. He'll excitedly greet customers coming in and then retire to his corner and wait for lunch break. He knows his owner will take him for a nice long walk in the forest.




OK, I have to be honest about his post. Usually the ideas keep bursting out of me, and I have to select five out of ten or more pictures. This time not so much. It was sort of hard work. I still hope you like these furry fellows. 

Head over to A'lil Hoohaa's to check out Harper, Cabo and other dogs!


Comments

  1. Too bad your plans didn't work out, but these pooches are all adorable, nonetheless. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pooch pupper shots!! You can be a dog owner and live vicariously through your friends!! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sympathize! And good for you for taking advantage of chance dog encounters. Interesting to read that it made you feel like a bit of a (dog) stalker...that was my fear when I thought about photographing dogs encountered on the trail/the dock/the path. You got some handsome/beautiful pups in your collection. And I like the bit about the hairdresser taking the dog for a long walk in the forest every lunch time - good for both of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny.. I've had a few people ask if they can take photos of Harper before. Often it's geocaching related as she has a tracking number with the game, but there was a time at the beach this fall when somebody wanted to take a photo because her daughter's name was Harper.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.