Use Your Words - Tailgating

Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once, and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.

My words are:

nerf gun ~ styrofoam ~ paper towel roll ~ below deck ~ tortilla blanket

They were submitted by: What TF Sarah - Thank you, Sarah!

When I read these words I had to google some of them. Just in case they didn't mean what I thought they meant. And boy, was I up for a surprise!

There's actually a tortilla themed blanket people will order from Amazon or Etsy! Personally, I prefer a fluffy blanket, think pancake, but to each their own. 

My learning curve continued. "Below deck" isn't just a spot to determine where your cabin is located on a cruise ship - it looks like this was a reality TV series that premiered almost ten years ago. 

Just like the toritlla blanket I've never seen an episode of "Below deck" or even heard of it.

We have a no gun policy at our home. The only equipment we use for shooting is a hockey stick. When Colin was younger, he may have played with a nerf gun at friends' houses, and I was OK with that.

If I have a say in it, we also have a styrofoam ball ban at our home. They are a PIA to clean.

So where do we go from there?

I may come up with a craft or two that involve (toilet) paper rolls. 




You know what though?

Tarp, rain poncho, refillable torch lighter, a tote and paper towels.

Does this combination of items ring a bell? 

This is what Debbie Collier purchased at a Family Dollar Store in Clayton, GA. 

Who's Debbie? 

A 59 year old lady who disappeared a month ago. The last people to see her alive were the sales staff at said convenience store. A day later she was found dead in a ravine in a nearby forest.

Just about every true crime YouTube channel picked up the story and is speculating about the cryptic Venmo message Debbie's daughter Amanda received, along with the odd amount of  USD 2385:

"They are not going to let me go love you there is a key to the house in the blue flowerpot by the door."

It is not yet confirmed if in fact Debbie sent the money and the text herself. If I had to guess I'd say it was the perpetrator(s), and if I had to guess some more, the daughter and/or her boyfriend Andrew may have to do something with Debbie's death. Andrew violated his parole and needs to come up with proof for having signed up for rehab. Coincidence (or not) has it that Debbie's body was found very close to a rehab center, where costs for a 6 months' treatment are 2,800.

Other armchair detectives allegedly know that this is the amount of money Andrew owes in probation fines.

Either way, this is going to be interesting. Can't wait for the autopsy and cell phone data to be analyzed, telling us who was where at the time of the crime, and what exactly happened. 

In connection with this case (some people thought the items Debbie purchased, were for tailgating) I learned a new term: to tailgate. 

So far in my book this meant to drive too close to the car in front. 

However, it may also mean, to enjoy pre-game activities in the parking lot of your (college) football team. You park, pop open your trunk, get out your cooler and BBQ and get the picnic started. It looks like some people go all Pinterest-y and decorate the interior of their truck with a tablecloth and pennants in their team's colors. Apparently some people won't even attend the game, they just come for the tailgating. 

Sounds like so much fun!

I may want think of a winter / hockey version of this. Since us parents drop off our kids 75 minutes before puck drop, we may just as well make good use of that time!

Are you following the Debbie Collier case?
Is tailgating a tradition where you live?

Let me know below and please visit my fellow bloggers to check out their posts:

Comments

  1. I used to love watching those shows and then I watched an episode about a man abducting a young brother and sister afrer murdering their whole family. The younger brother was later murder while holding his sisters hand, It was so heinous that I have not been able to watch a show in the genre since. I had nightmares for weeks and still do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a crime show fanatic, I'll be looking up this case and following along.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.