InstaSnap

The assignment for A'lil Hoohaa's October's challenge is "InstaSnap" - I'm curious how everybody is going to interpret it.

"Where are your Halloween shoes?" One of my coworkers asked the other day. Ha! I had missed wearing them on October 31, but who says i can't walk around with orange shoelaces in November, too?




Termperatures do. They urge me to wear my warmly lined boots.For example as we were wandering around in Zofingen's Old City while Colin and his friends were velebrating his (belated) birthday at home.






The other day I re-shared a sentimental post of Colin's first day in Hockey School back in 2013. These days, he and his teammates are asked to help coach the little ones. Some of them can hardly skate - he can certainly relate to their situation ♥
It is obvious what message the teenagers are supposed to give these young kids: "We know it's hard. We've been there. Train hard and you, too, will succeed!"




For the past few weeks and until the end of the year I have to work full time. My coworker had surgery and is slowly recovering at home. It's quite stressful, and I feel guilty because I'm never home.
I try to create and cherish what little quality time Colin and I can get. One Saturday we took the train to Basel to visit the Fall Fair. After two years of restrictions due to the pandemic, thousands of people populated the festival grounds. Too many people for my taste. Speaking of taste, we endugled in some of the special foods offered at the stands: chocolate covered strawberries, apple fritters, waffles. 
We also got in line at the Ferries Wheel. This is the view that presented itself to us:




Originally Colin and his team had a hockey game on Sunday night. However, it got canceled because the opponent didn't have enough players. "I'm actually quite happy about it", he said. "The Seattle Seahawks are playing in Munich at 3:30pm. May we go, it's only a four hours' drive!"

Of course there was no chance to get tickets. Obviously there were 3 million requests for the 70k seats in the Allianz Arena, the Bayern München's soccer team's stadium.

We did the next best thing and doctored this picture using the TV as a background ;-)




It must have been a fabulous weekend in Munich. The best-known Munich catering establishments were set up to host the fans: While the Seattle Seahawks fans gathered at the Augustiner Stammhaus, the number one place to go for Bucs fans was the Hofbräuhaus, and that's where those who weren't successful at scoring tickets, followed the game's live coverage.

Did you watch the game at home?

I hope you had fun with my snapshots. Head over to A'lil Hoohaa's to check out my fellow bloggers' contributions. 



Comments

  1. It's hard getting back into the swing of things after the pandemic. To "peopley"! We're not cold enough for those awesome boots yet, but I know it's coming. The view in Basel is stunning. I'd love to sit and look at it all afternoon. Great selection of InstaSnaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love your Halloween shoes. I'm thinking some red or green laces and a couple of little snowman or reindeer dongles would be a great way to turn my clunky winter boots into "Happy Holidays" footwear. Hmmm...

    There have been a few places I'd like to resume visiting, and one festival in particular that I'd like to get back, too, but I'm not quite ready for that, especially the thought of overwhelming numbers of people. I appreciate any opportunity that comes along to vicariously enjoy such things, including that great shot from the Ferris Wheel. One of these days I'll feel comfortable enough to resume "normal" life. Meanwhile, I love the TV screen as a background idea for creating a photo impression that you were there IRL. What a fun photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic group of snaps. I didn't know American football was so popular "over there". Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good batch for this month's theme. It's interesting to see the way people react to American football when it comes to Europe. I have actually never been to an NFL game live in the states (I have been to a Canadian football game live) as football is not one of my favorite sports. Alas, I've been to every other major sport here (sans soccer -- that's only been considered "major" in the recent years) and it's always fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.