Let it go

I'm annoyed, and I need to let it go. 

Usually writing about it helps. So here's what's bothering me... In no particular order.

The person who I consider my best friend kind of let me down. This year we have seen each other less than a handful of times, even though we literally live three minutes apart. 

She sent me the most adorable miniature advent calendar / Christmas card and thanked me for our friendship. I immediately texted her to say thanks and ask if she'd like to join me to see the Harley Santas on Saturday afternoon. 



Even though I saw that she read it, she never replied. 

I considered calling but decided there was no need to chase after her. If she wants to come, she'll be in touch. Well, she wasn't, and it doesn't bother me that she may have had other plans or didn't feel like leaving the house, but a simple "great idea, unfortunately I can't" would have been nice.

She later liked my social media post.



At work the two techies who sit closest to my desk are giving me a hard time. 

One because he quit, and I miss him 

He has decided to move to Colombia in South America. He's a unique person and was oftentimes an easy target for our coworkers' jokes, but bottom line, he was reliable and kind colleague, and he gave a sh** about people, which can't always be said about the other guy.

The' other guy has been more busy than usual, and this has nothing to do with our colleague's  leaving. Those clients are being taken care of by another guy. It has to do with the fact that he's not very organized. By the time his procranistination catches up with him, he's in trouble, and he'll react bitchy. 

Apparently that's only my perception though. 

I happen to be the person who answers the phone and has to put off his clients. If somebody has to call three times over the course of several days, I'm getting antsy, and I may add an exclamation mark to my message.

"Mr so-and-so is on the phone, they're still having connectivity problems, and a bunch of people can't work from home", I'll say.

"I'm busy, can't you see. I only have two hands", he'll grumble. 

"How long till you're able to call back?"

"As soon as I'm finished here."

"What's that in minutes? 10? 30? 1000?"

"I'll get to it when I get to it."

These are typical conversations between the two of us. It's super annoying.

Yesterday he was supposed to meet clients at our office, however, 15 minutesprior, he still wasn't back from his offsite appointment. Hubby (who was going to be in the same meeting) called to find out if he was going to be here on time. Apparently he said he was on his way and be right there.

The clients arrived, took a seat in the meeting room, sipped their coffee, made smalltalk, and my coworker was still not here. He was 15 minutes late by now. My husband asked me to call, which I did. 

Answer "I'm on my way, I'll be right there". 

"Isn't that what you said 30 minutes ago, can you please tell me when you'll be here, people are waiting?"

"I'm on my way, I'll be right there". 

What's so hard? Here's a couple of helpful answers you might give instead:

  • I'm in (insert town), according to my navigation system I should be there in (insert amount of minutes).
  • I was delayed. I am only leaving now. Should be there in (insert amount of minutes).
  • There's a traffic incident, it may be a while, I really can't tell, sorry.

Today I asked him a question. He gave a general statement, and I had to follow up. 

"I just told you. If you cared to listen, you'd gotten your answer" he snapped. 

I did listen carefully, and there's always the possibility that I'm too female and / or too blonde to understand, however, another coworker looked at him puzzled and said "that wasn't the answer to her question."

He rolled his eyes really hard and sighed. 

That's where I snapped.

"You don't have to be so bitchy, I asked a simple question, and I'd like a straight answer for once!!!"

His reaction?

More eye rolling and "careful there, I'm only reacting to how you're talking to me."

Excuse me? I was fuming.

OK, I'm aborting this post. My Mom just dropped in at the office and gave me a Samichlaussäckli, a St. Nicholas treat bag. I am touched. She's very concerned about my working full time at the office, and frankly it feels good to know that at least one person acknowledges the pressure I'm under.



Comments

  1. Oh it's definitely not your problem. That is ridiculous and if I was one of his clients I'd consider going somewhere else so his attitude is bad for business. Not a team player. Was he always like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big, big hugs. I feel you Debbie. The way you have felt about that close friend, I am feeling the same about a few of my friends. Am I doing something wrong? Or is the universe conspiring to create that friendship for me, with me? I realised if I could be my best friend, I wont really need anyone.

    Having said that it does feel lonely at times, but I'm trying my best to utilise that time to discover parts of me that I hadn't. No mean feat, but worth the try.

    Having colleagues like that can be a pain in the a**!
    I pray he changes his attitude. And so sweet of your mum to come cheering you up.

    Take care. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I hope this week was a better one for you. Honestly, I think a lot of people these days just forget their manners. Sadly, those of us who do the right thing always seem to be the ones who get burnt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.