'T was the night before Christmas - 2022 Edition

Hard to believe a year has gone by since the last post of this kind. 



It's December 24, and somehow we did it! It I have to say, it's thanks to our lovely elves and my Mom that I can sit here, drink coffee and write instead of running around getting last minute stuff done and cooking.



With my working full time, visiting customers gifting them mandarins and driving Colin to and from practice I haven't had time to shop, bake and decorate, and my Mom offered to host us on Christmas Eve. 

Yay! A load off my shoulders. I usually invite them to our place to thank them for "babysitting" Colin every Tuesday for lunch, but I am so glad I don't "have" to this year.

I forgot to mention that with all my free time I also squeezed in some ER visits with my teenager. One night he had chest pain during and after practice, one time he had symptoms that suggested inguinal hernia, but ended up being an abscess from ingrown hair.



Fortunately the hospital Christmas tree wasn't the only one we got to admire this Holiday Season. 

Destiny had it that one canceled hockey game turned into playing another one that came with a stroll through a nearby Christmas market.



It was very festive, and I even got an opportunity to get the Christmas socks Colin and his friends needed for a school volleyball tournament. He even managed to tell me in time that he sort of committed to bringing our "famous" chocolate chips cookies to feed the team. 



We made the dough Thursday night, formed the balls and put them in the freezer overnight. Got up at 6am to bake and let cool down so he could take them with him as he left at 7am.

Last day at work on Friday. Just as I was about to clean up an e-mail from a tenant popped up. He requested a repairman. On Dec 23, 4pm! Thanks for some last minute stress!!!

Today I woke up to find the following that must have happened magically overnight!



Our lovely elves brought a Christmas tree and a sled full of gifts and cookies! 

The only thing missing was a gift for Colin. We had planned to take the train to the city, but the prospect of facing the crowds made him decide against it. Instead we had Holiday Nachos for lunch - yes, it's a thing!



We also found online what he wished for, just give them about ten days for shipping. Free shipping to Switzerland no less! I'm impressed. 



Now off to watch Kevin, home alone!

Dinner at my parents' was yummy and nice. No pictures of the food, but this is us:



I hope your Christmas Eve and the following days have been joyful!


Comments