Use Your Words - Blancmange

Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once, and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.

My words are:

astute ~ smart ~ goblet ~ result  ~ mange

They were submitted by: The Diary of an Alzheimer's Caregiver - Thank you, Diane!

I was going to try and write something else, but I just found out that this is going to be the last episode of "Use Your Words", so I started over because I wanted to create some kind of homage to the nine years I was part of this challenge.

Coming up with an entire blog post based on a handful of random words requires astute and smart writers, and over the course of the years, I met many of them. 

A special highlight was getting a group of over 20 bloggers to dedicate an advent calendar blog post to Karen who was not familar with this custom. 

As a result I am still (Facebook) friends with many of them, even though many of them quit writing. 

Or passed away. 

So, Jules, this is me, thinking of you, missing you. Hope you're pain free and happy, watching over Gigi - and us.

Now - before our hearts get too heavy, I'd like to share a promotional e-mail I got, and I'll let you guess what kind of company sent it to me. Hint, their product can be celebrated in glasses or goblets. Here goes:

Five Tips on how to best manage your Christmas!

We will show you five steps on how you can enjoy your evening with friends and family without creating a family drama!

1. welcome guests
2. provide guests with a snack
3. spoil guests with culinary delights
4. bring guests around the senses (I am not sure what they want us to do here..? I literally translated it from German, and it didn't make too much sense in German eigher.)
5. cause guests to do good deeds (I like it!)

OK, sounds easy enough!

However, in my opinion they left out an important part of a nice Holiday party: music!

If for some reason you don't want to play Christmas songs, how about some old and new ones from the 80s band Blancmange? Remember them? Is it just me or do artists in the 80s kinda look the same? Duran Duran, WHAM, Tears for Fears...?




So Karen and fellow bloggers, thank you so much for sharing your lives, it's been an honor!




Please visit my fellow bloggers to check out their posts:

Comments

  1. Use Your Words will continue through March at least. Whether you continue with us or not, it truly has been an amazing 9 years, and I just love this homage to the challenge, the friends we've made, and the friends we lost.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.