Quinoa

Photo by Maria Lin Kim on Unsplash


I borrowed this story from my former coworker who likes to order his groceries online. 

Depending on the vendor's workload, it takes a few days from order to home delivery. At the beginning of the 2020 Lockdown it was even weeks!

Anyway. One fine day, he was at home, waiting for his groceries that were supposed to arrive between 5 and 7pm. 

They didn't. 

Around 7:30 a delivery person called and told him they were running late, it was going to be at least another hour.

"Don't worry about it, I don't have to go anywhere tonight", he said. And he kept waiting. 

Shortly before 9pm the truck arrived, and the person loaded several large bags onto his trolley to wheel them to my colleague's front door.

He said he knew this wasn't his delivery right from the start.

He had ordered wine. They come in cardboard boxes. There weren't any boxes. He ordered frozen pizza, and there weren't any freezer bags.

"Let me have a quick look at these bags before you leave." 

They were full of organic, vegan, healthy groceries! 

Veggies, nuts, seeds, quinoa!

"That is not my stuff!"

It must be. It's the last order in my truck. I delivered everything else.

"Well, then somebody has my wine and pizza. Please take these tree hugger items with you!"

The driver wanted to argue, but my coworker - who's visibly overweight - laughed and said "do I look like a guy who eats celery sticks and overnight oats? Come back once you've retrieved my real order!"

I think he got the stuff he ordered plus an apology the next day. 

As for me - I love quinoa! Just noticed I took this picture before drizzling balsamic vinegar over the green stuff ;-)



How do you feel about quinoa? Has there ever been a grocery delivery mixup in your life?

Let me know!



Comments

  1. I have fortunately only had a bag of items misplaced a couple times, otherwise my orders have always been spot on! Thanks for sharing
    Jean Roman
    For Dragonflies And Me
    www.fordragonfliesandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quinoa! It's my favorite grain to eat cold, especially in a bean salad. It's also so healthy and quick-cooking, it's a staple here for sure. When I'm feeling fancy I get the red or black kind, or sometimes the trio to add some visual interest to my plate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love quinoa and most other Mediterranean grains. Actually, I enjoy everything on your plate except the cheese. Well, I used to enjoy cheese - it was my go-to comfort food but stopped eating it a few years ago when I learned how detrimental it is to human health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There has definitely been more than one grocery store delivery gone wrong in my life! Usually, it's that they leave something out. One time I had to talk to several people to get them to make it right without my having to pay a fee, but eventually, I talked them into it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a fan of quinoa and fortunately no delivery errors. Good use of Q!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.