Selfie



Welcome back to another episode of A'lil Hoohaa's monthly photo blogging challenge. 

Our prompt for the month of July was "Selfie".

*Sigh*

Really? 

Not a fan. I will slightly tweak the definition of a selfie and make this post about Ussies. 


Colin and I snapped this one when we were celebrating the successful purchase of Taylor Swift concert tickets at the sushi train restaurant. It was an elaborate process, you can read all about it here. The tickets ended up being issued more than two weeks later.





This is my best friend and I at the youth festival parade. Our sons participated for the last time. I have to say, us Moms were pretty brave. 




Colin and I attended our very first live American Football 🏈 game of the Helvetic 🇨🇭 Guards, the first  professional American Football team in Switzerland. They played against the "Milan 🇮🇹 Seamen", and our team was behind at first and then managed to catch up. However, it needed an overtime to bring home the 31:24 victory for the Guards. A record attendance of 2,400 fans was celebrating. Yeah, that sounds lame, but this sport is only beginning to gain popularity in Switzerland.

How did football (in my eyes) compare to hockey? I wrote about it here.




Hubby and I were celebrating our 19 years' wedding anniversary this month. We celebrated at one of our favourite restaurants. Unfortunately there has been a change in ownership, and with that a decrease of food and service quality. For that reason we didn't take this picture at the restaurant but a few steps away in a public place ;-)



So here's a special approach to selfies. Colin and his friends are on an App called  BeReal.


What is it?


Once a day, at a time that changes daily, all users are simultaneously asked to take a photo with both the front and main cameras of the cell phone within two minutes. These photos cannot (and should not) be edited to portray the user as "real" as possible. Users who do not upload a photo at the specified time have the option for a "late" posting, which is marked accordingly. Finally, there is the option to respond to friends' uploads through "Realmojis."


Since users can only take photos once a day and cannot edit them, the app aims to reduce dependence on social media and its overuse.


So this is us enjoying some episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine and ice cream. 





It  makes me happy that he not only chooses to spend time with me but will include me in his post.


Hubby recently asked him whether we as parents were embarrassing because apparently every teenager's parents are embarrassing. Here's what our teenager had to say:


"Yes, but you're only a 55."


What does that mean?


"Just slightly above average. Don't press it. 55 is as good as it gets."


Alright then.


Please check out my fellow bloggers' contributions over at A'lil Hoohaa's


PS: It's been a busy month. I participated in another round of the Ultimate Blog Challenge, meaning I wrote a post ever day. At the same time I also did "A Picture A Day". for which I used quite some existing photos this time, but for some prompts I went to great lengths, for example to snap a picture of a gigantic heart sculpture. 




Comments

  1. Colin has a great sense of humor! You look fabulous in all your selfies. And, I can't imagine how you juggled everything and also wrote a post a day and tool photos of everything! Super Mom/Woman. Happy Anniversary to you and hubby. Wishing many more years together for you. 💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite college players, Silas Nacita, is the running back for Helvetic! He still lives here in Waco. He was really electric and fun to watch. He became known as Salsa Nacho and the stadium would chant. Small world. I like your ussies! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun set of photos for this month's challenge. As I look back on my own photos, 3 out of the 5 were Uses as well, so not to worry about it. Were you in it? Yep, therefore it counts in my opinion.
    Happy Anniversary. Our anniversary month is also July. We celebrated 36 years together this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your anniversary. Too bad your favourite restaurant isn't going as strong as your marriage. It's never quite the same when a favourite dining spot changes ownership. Agree that ussies qualify. In fact, every single participant this month included ussies. Too funny about 55 being as good as it gets. More importantly though, you're right about the warm feeling that comes from your teenager seeming to enjoy spending time with you. You're doing something right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are not too embarrassing as parents. I would be scared to ask my son that question as over the years I have enjoyed tormenting him at public events. For example, he was standing at attention as a cadet at the Royal Military College. He has to stand still and not move. I was behind him in the crowd. I picked up a handful of pebbles at lobbed them at his shiny military boots. He was not amused. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.