Ultimate Blog Challenge - Four in One Summer Muffins

 


One of the best aspects of summer - in my opinion -  is the abundant selection of fresh fruits and berries. Sometimes it's even more than you can eat.

That's where my Four in One Summer Muffins recipe comes in. I totally made up the name. I used a standard muffin recipe and whatever fruit I had on hand, I am sure you could try raspberries, plums, apples, you name it.


Ingredients:

1/2 cup unsalted butter (113 grams)

3/4 cup granulated sugar (150 grams)

pinch of salt

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 eggs

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (190 grams)

3/4 teaspoon baking powder




How it's done: 

Wash and chop your fruit and berries into similar sized pieces



Line muffin tray with paper cups.

Preheat oven at 350°F = 180°C

For the batter cream together room temperature butter and sugar, add salt and one egg at a time.

Using a sorbet scoop, fill your muffin pan using about half of your batter.

Add fruit pieces




Cover with remaining batter - I wish I had a little more left as you can see!



Depending on your oven, bake for about 20 - 25 minutes, use toothpick to check for doneness.

Take out, let cool on a wire rack and enjoy!





Now comes to hard part: decide which one you like best!

If you try the recipe let me know!


Comments

  1. These look and sounds so good. I'm going to have to make them. Brenda Fluharty

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really great. I have always liked strawberry muffins -- I might have to give these a try during this week! Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG they all look delicious and I love the name you came up with! I'll have to save this recipe and have Lia whip some up. Her favorite muffin to make is blueberry but I love strawberry. What a great idea to make whatever flavor everyone likes! This would be great for your bake sale fundraiser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Tamara, these sound delicious! And if you pretend they are shortcake, you can cover them with whipped cream. If you use them hot, you can put some frozen custard or ice cream on top! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.