Ultimate Blog Challenge - Potato Loaf



Good Morning and welcome to Day 26 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge! Today's assignment is to share a video I think you might find interesting. 

How appropriate!

Just the other day I was looking for a bread recipe that contains potatoes because I had some leftover potatoes.

That's when I came across this tutorial by "Apron".



Potato Loaf|Apron
 
Boiled Potato 130g / 1/2cup          
Butter 15g / 1Tbsp                           
Fresh milk 120g / 1/2cup               
Whole egg 1 (55g+- an egg)               
Bread flour 300g / 2,1/8cup           
Sugar 30g / 4Tbsp                         
Salt 2.5g / 1/2tsp                            
Instant yeast 3g / 1tsp                     
Olive oil 1tsp                                    
 
Pan size 25x11x7cm
 
Bake at 180°C / 350°F for 20-25 minutes 

I did not follow the exact steps. In the original instructions you will boil and mesh the warm potatoes. As I was saying, I had some in my fridge from two or three days ago. I just went ahead and grated them. Also I doubled the ingredients. If I go through all the trouble to make a yeast dough, I want more than just one loaf. I ended up getting three in fact.

Turned out wonderful. Look at that fluffy bread!



Will you give this a try?



Comments

  1. That bread looks great! I haven't made bread in a long time. I love it but I have had to cut back on my carbs. And my family doesn't eat a lot of bread, oddly enough.

    I would be glad to have some of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your bread looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not me, Tamara. I am not a fan of white potatoes and am not sure a sweet potato bread will fly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, I'm gonna have to share this with my Mom....she is the bread person I am trying to kick to bread habit- too many carbs for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I will not. But not because there's anything wrong with it. Only because I avoid recipes with that many ingredients. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like Lia will be trying this recipe soon Tamara!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.