Ultimate Blog Challenge - Snow capped Mountains and Palm Trees



Welcome to Day 8 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge. Here's what we're supposed to do today:

Post a video on your site and write a few sentences about it.

It doesn't even need to be one that we made ourselves, it could be anything we found on YouTube. 

That's a hard no. 

I have my own YouTube channel, and you will watch a hockey video, whether you like it or not!

You'll also get en impression on what it means to be a Hockey Mom.

This one was my favourite games ever. It was unique for the following reasons:

  • It took place in Ascona, which is one of the most picturesque towns in the Italian part of Switzerland, and you will catch a glimpse of it in the intro. Snow capped mountains and palm trees - enough said?
  • The other day there was another game in the same area, so not only was this a road trip, but a sleepover and therefore fun team building opportunity. 
  • They played at an outdoor ice rink.
  • It was against my favourite opponent. Favourite because they are nothing short of inspirational. The team is composed of players from three different locations. These localities are spread over two remote valleys, hence their name, by the way: Hockey Club Rivers! Depending on where the players live, they have to travel long distances to get to practice. Living in the middle of nowhere doesn't come with many options on what to do in your spare time. That's where hockey comes in. I believe all the kids will do in winter is playing hockey, and that's why they are so strong. Of all the meetings we probably lost most times. 
  • At 7:12 minutes a fight erupts, and our top scorer received a 10 minutes' penalty for unsportsmanlike behavior because he disagreed with the ref.
  • At 7:27 Colin's best friend outsmarted three opponent players and scored.
  • At 8:15 minutes in the video my son scores
  • The end result




So what do you think? Are you hooked?

Thank you so much for watching. Bonus points if you gave the video a thumbs up and maybe even subscribed to my channel.

Because you're ve been so nice, and because today is going to be a hot day around here, 32° Celsius are expected, that's 90° Fahrenheit, here's a non-hockey video of Harley Santas in Basel. Nothing like a little Christmas spirit in July, right?



Again, thank you so much for watching! Enjoy your weekend!


Comments

  1. Great location and super video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I loved watching the game...and Christmas! I'm already subscribed to your channel but I can't find where to like the video, I'll go over to you channel and find it. Do I still get bonus points? LOL I'm glad I wasn't the only one to go to my YouTube channel for today's topic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video! I will have to get over to your channel and check it out! I have an empty YouTube channel. I need to do a better job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the video. Hockey is a very exciting game because of the fast action.
    I can’t seem to be able to comment except as anonymous, even though I have tried several times. I liked and commented on your YouTube channel as Conscious Eating Consulting (also my channel name. My name is Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great video! Did I tell you my husband played hockey in high school and then again in an adult league. This brings back lots of memories from those days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.