Experiences

Welcome back to another episode of A'lil Hoohaa's monthly photo blogging challenge. 

Our prompt for the month of October was "Experiences", adfergeth

The first two weeks of October were Colin's official school fall break, and while we didn't book any "real vacation", we played it by ear and took a couple trips within Switzerland. Coincidence - or not - had it that we stayed in cities that have a hockey team, so we got to attend a handful of games. It's always interesting to experience different arenas than your home one. I'll spare you the hockey pictures though and share some other impressions instead.

How about this insane double rainbow we experienced on our way, well, to a hockey game?




Let's call the next picture "it doesn't get any more Swiss than grazing cows welcoming a Swiss International Airlines aircraft approaching its home airport." If you've never flown Swiss, you may not know that upon landing flight attendants will distribute chocolate bars to the passengers. 
We didn't fly ourselves, just did some plane spotting on a gorgeous late summer day in October.




A friend of ours turned 40 and invited a good sized amount of family members and friends for a fun night out in a former industrial building. He did a wonderful job taking care of literally everything. Catering, a magician, decoration, you name it. He even hired  a person who was going to drive people home, should they have one too many. 

I think it is a law of nature that there is a troublemaker in every school class, and the same is true for teams wo work together, sports clubs or birthday parties. In our case it was a business partner's wife. According to her own revelation she is her early 60s, but she still dresses and behaves like a self-centred, entitled teenager. Enough said?




Colin's team had a game in the town that became famous for the divorced couple that couldn't agree on vaccinating their kids against measles. Since mid-September a group of anti-vaxxers has been camping in front of the authorities that were tasked with enforcing the shots. When we drove by in mid-October, we noticed the protesters were still there. Obviously I didn't snap a picture of them. Here's something quirky we found in a different part of town. A flying bicycle?




The things I'll do... I found a person who did a crafts project for me. It was too spacious to put into a box and ship, so I drove 75 minutes to get it in person. On my way back I was about to run into a huge traffic jam, so I took a couple of backroads. This is what I came upon in a small town. I tried to find out if these figures have a certain meaning. The internet was just as clueless though.



I hope you enjoyed my pictures and are now headed to check out my blogging friends' contributions.

Comments

  1. What an eclectic group of experiences this month! Love them all! Double rainbows are awesome and I would love to have chocolate after a long flight.....or any flight! The dinner setting is lovely. I hope dinner was just as good. I won't say anything more about the anti-vaxxers except measles is nothing to mess with. I love your back roads find!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these experiences! The bike is funny. I say that only because our area used to have a used car place that had a car up on two posts. I know it was still there somewhat recently, but some things have moved in close by. I'll have to look when I am over that way again sometime to see if it's still there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great eye for the interesting and unusual. And a bit of luck, too. This is a really interesting set of experiences and photographs. My inquiring mind wants to know two things. First, are the chocolate bars handed out at the end of a Swiss Air flight milk or dark chocolate. If it's dark chocolate, I'll be weighing that in my future vacation plans. :) Second, how somebody comes up with - and executes - an idea like those stick-figure kids playing in the woods. Is it an ode to the "olden days" when kids actually played outside? Or an encouragement to today's kids, to get outside and play?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.