Ultimate Blog Challenge - ChatGPT, what is my purpose?



Welcome back to the last day of October's Ultimate Blog Challenge and happy Halloween!

Time to wrap up my quest for (new) purpose. Just for fun, I typed the following question into ChatGPT:

Up to now I have been a part-time working mom. My boy graduated and spends most of his days away at school. I am looking for a new purpose. My day job is of administrative nature. Originally I was in HR and recruiting which I liked, but I feel I don't have the energy for it anymore. I speak German, English, French and some Italian. I enjoy travel, food and watching sports, mainly ice hockey. My son is a youth ice hockey player. 

What should I do? What is my purpose?






This is what artificial intelligence told me. It sounds quite good, I have to admit. I already do or have been doing most of these things:





It's great that you are seeking a new purpose and considering your interests and skills. Here are a few potential directions you could explore based on your background, interests, and language skills:
  1. Language and Translation Services: With proficiency in German, English, French, and some Italian, you could offer translation and interpretation services to individuals and businesses. This could involve translating documents, providing language support for travelers or expats, or even offering language tutoring to others interested in learning these languages.
  2. Sports and Youth Coaching: Since you enjoy watching ice hockey and your son is a youth ice hockey player, you could explore opportunities in coaching or volunteering for youth ice hockey teams or sports programs. Sharing your knowledge and passion for the sport with others could be fulfilling and meaningful.
  3. Culinary Ventures: Given your interest in food and travel, you might consider exploring culinary ventures. This could range from starting a food blog where you share your travel experiences and recipes to potentially launching a small catering or food-related business with a focus on international cuisine.
  4. Career Counseling and Coaching: Your background in HR and recruiting could be valuable in offering career counseling and coaching services. You could help individuals, particularly those transitioning to new phases in their lives or careers, by providing guidance and support in their job search or career development.
  5. Community Involvement: Look into community organizations related to sports, education, or language exchange where you can volunteer and make a positive impact. Engaging with your local community can be a meaningful way to find purpose and fulfillment.
  6. Travel Blogging or Vlogging: If you have a passion for travel, consider starting a travel blog or vlog where you share your experiences, tips, and recommendations. This can be an outlet for your love of travel and also a way to connect with others who share similar interests.
  7. Event Planning: With your administrative background, you could consider event planning, especially focusing on sports-related events or language and cultural gatherings. This would combine your organizational skills with your interests.
Remember that finding your purpose is a journey, and it's okay to explore different options until you find the one that truly resonates with you. Take some time to reflect on your passions, values, and what brings you joy. Speak with friends, family, or a career counselor for support and guidance in this process. With your diverse skill set and interests, there are numerous possibilities for you to create a fulfilling and meaningful path in this next phase of your life.




I realize I even forgot to tell them that I like to write. They came up with (food/travel) blogging on their own! Except, what if they "identified" me? I had to sign up, I don't remember whether I did so with my e-mail address or my Google account, so they may know way more about me than what I told them?

Either way, it's a fun way to conclude this series. 

The pictures are from Sunday's trip to the Italian part of Switzerland for Colin's team's hockey game. Before the Gotthard mountain pass it was sunny and extremely warm, over 20°C = 68°F. As soon as I exited the 17km = 10.5 miles long tunnel, I was greeted with rain, fog and below 10°C = 50°F, which made for a mystic atmosphere.

What do you think, did ChatGPT nail it?

I want to thank you very much for being part of another round of UBC, it's been great to reconnect and learning what you've been up to!

Have a great Holiday Season and see you back in 2024!

Comments

  1. I haven’t done a lot with these AI things, but I have to admit they are quite interesting in what they can come up with. It actually worries me though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW the AI is right on for you! Congratulations on another fine completion of the UBC! Get your ideas ready, January will come quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that ChatGPT did a pretty great job of using your strengths and skills to identify potential. In general I have been impressed by what is generated with ChatGPT, yet not so much with some of the art AI tools. Perhaps what I am asking for is too complicated! It will be interesting to see what happens in the future! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving comments I truly appreciate your insightful thoughts! God Bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those are great ideas! I wonder what ChatGPT would say is my purpose. I have had a great time sharing this month with you, Tamara, and your prompts always got me thinking. Have a wonderful holiday season and I'll see you next year, if not before then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tamara, that is absolutely amazing! Yes, chatGPT pretty much nailed it! How about doing HR for a multinational corporation? Would you ever go back to Starbucks? It's been great doing the Challenge with you and getting to know you better. Happiest Holidays, and "see" you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chat GPT absolutely nailed it! ☺ I'm in awe that you're able to do these daily blog challenges regularly. The A to Z four years in a row led to severe burnout for me. You're obviously much better organized.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.