Ultimate Blog Challenge - Do you prefer working alone or with others?

Foto von Marissa Grootes auf Unsplash


It's Day 10 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge. Today's question is:

Do you prefer working alone or with others?

My answer is: 

It totally depends on who the others are ðŸ¤ª

I may be somewhat picky. 

Here are my requirements when it comes to team members:

  • Must listen to others
  • Must carry their load
  • Must provide solutions / results
  • Must have positive attitude
  • Must take one for the team
  • Must be honest and have integrity, 
  • Must admit and correct mistakes


This automatically excludes the following behavior:

  • Being all talk and no action
  • Refusing to cooporate, shirking
  • Whining, complaining
  • Freeloading
  • Lying
  • Unjustifiably taking credit


The list could probably go on, but if the basics are given, I am happy. 

I've had a bunch of different (project) team mates over the years, and if push comes to shove, I actually prefer to get sh** done on my own, even if it means to work day and night. 

Let me give a shout-out to lovely Nadja in one of the upcoming posts.

Tell me about you - do you prefer working alone or with others? Do you have a list of requirements like I do?

Comments

  1. Yes, I'm sure my list would be similar to yours. I like having others around for the ideas phase, but then I would want everyone to have something to do on their own. And I do like working alone, so I would say I prefer that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I love being able to bounce ideas with co-workers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work alone a lot- but i know I have a team that is available to swarm in and help finish the tasks. Oh- and I chose those team members, so I know I can work with them easily

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like a little of both. Sometimes it’s difficult to go at it alone. Having comradeship makes a hard task easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this.I too like your rules about working with like minded people.Lies really put me off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent list! Sadly, good team players are often hard to find. Like you, I prefer to get shit done on my own (because I know it will be done right!) and used to work ridiculous hours in my previous life as a corporate workaholic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never gave this a thought, for 57 years I had my decorating business with hubby. He was in the workroom most of the time and I was in the showroom working with clients. When both Rich and I were in the workroom we hardly talked to each other, just cut and sewed. LOL I like having others around but then there are times I like it by myself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.