UBC January 2024 - My true Self is a Panda

Photo by Bruce Hong on Unsplash


Inspired by the title of Janine's post today, I was fooling around with a bunch of non-scientific quizzes to find out about my true Self..

Here's what the most interesting one said:

Discover your true Self 

They made me decide between three abstract terms a bunch of times, which was quite tough. 

Some examples:

  • Enthusiasm, Openness or Fairness?
  • Balance, Routine or Tradition?
  • Preparedness, Decisiveness or Ingenuity? 

I thought this was gonna result in a deep and serious analysis. This is what I got:




At least it gave me a good laugh, and the kick in the butt to do something more productive.

Like doing research on pandas. Meaning, scrolling through an Instagram account I follow. It mainly shares, well, cute pandas.

I also put together a few facts about this iconic animal, and I have to say, we do have a few parallels:

  • They're not skinny - I 'm working on it though. Did I tell you about my smart scale? The first day I weighed myself I wasn't happy with my fat-water-muscle ratio. Today, a week later, I can see a change in the right direction. Of course this is not the scale's merit. I also downloaded a calorie tracking app, and I've been doing a good job so far not exceeding 1,236 calories a day. The hardest part is not even giving up sweets, but planning and preparing all the time: Researching nutrition facts, shopping accordingly, washing, chopping, cooking, weighing,... And it's not enough. I should exercise more. 
  • Pandas are excellent swimmers and climbers - Can't compete there! 
  • Although they're apparently classified as carnivore, pandas mainly eat a plant based diet (I sort of made an exception and had a steak last night, don't tell anyone) Pandas have a short digestive tract, which is their excuse for eating all day. According to WWF's website, pandas promptly do a number two several times an hour. This is why they can't hold a job down. 
  • Pandas are solitary creatures. While I enjoy interacting among small groups, I am totally fine by doing stuff on my own, too. 
  • They have a low production rate due to only being fertile for a few days a year. That's exactly what I experienced. I only have one cub! And it's still asleep at 11:30am as I'm publishing this post. He has a game later today, so he has to get up at some point.

Happy weekend, everyone. Let me know what your true self is!

Photo by Ying Wu on Unsplash



Comments

  1. OMG and today is Silly Saturday! LOL I love Pandas, I'll have to discover my true self! Have a wonderful day Panda Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post. I think I would be a bird or a butterfly maybe.Checking out my true self soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! How fun to embrace your panda side! My "true self" per the quiz is Laughing Buddha. "You are the, ho ho, Laughing Buddha! You are in tune with the world and the people around you - and that's why you're so happy! Philosophical quarrels tickle you, and you love a good koan, but most of all you love to be at one with everything. You're at peace, mainly because you understand that everything is flux."

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You are the, ho ho, Laughing Buddha! You are in tune with the world and the people around you - and that's why you're so happy! Philosophical quarrels tickle you, and you love a good koan, but most of all you love to be at one with everything. You're at peace, mainly because you understand that everything is flux." Given the ho-ho part, can I be Santa Claus, too? Pandas are cute and cuddly, so not a bad result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am The Confucianist (Interesting!)
    Confucius say ... well, that you're a Confucianist! You're an integral part of the community. You bring everyone together. You help them get along. And you are the go-to guy or gal when someone needs some sage advice. You're well liked, and it's obvious why - you're happy when other people are happy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.