UBC January 2024 - Pride Walk

OK, I'll admit, the title is sort of a click bait. 

I simply want to share that I am proud of the fact that I got off my butt and went for a walk today. How about that?

The weather forecast pretty much said it was going to rain or drizzle all day. Around 9:30am, like a teaser, the sun came out. Only a little bit. It didn't rain. I was just finishing up what I was doing and felt motivated to head out for a bit.

Before my inner bastard could dissuade me from the idea, I put on my shoes and left the house.

Here's what I saw while out there:

Some leftover snow



Yin / Yang Parking



The entrance to "Sunset Ranch" - my favorite private building in the neighborhood. Very non-Swiss, as you can see ;-)



An early Easter bunny



Some unlikely birds to live in the same place, but yet, here they are



This house owner probably won't let me park there since I don't drive an Alfa-Romeo



Our monkey fountain, yes, that's what it's called.



My other favorite private building in the neighborhood. Zimtgeere is not a German word. I was racking my brain about what it could mean. Turns out, the owners, an architect couple, used the letters of the former purpose of this building, which was a Metzgerei, a butcher's shop. I don't know how long ago this was. I grew up in this village, and I can't remember it ever being a butcher.



By this time, it started drizzling again. If I hadn't stopped to take all these pictures, I might have made it home dry. 

I walked 2km, that's 1.3 miles, in half an hour and burned 90 active calories. Which I promptly refuelled by eating 15 grams of cashew nuts. That's not even 10 nuts. I feel cheated. But hey, something's gotta give. 

Thank you for walking with me.

Comments

  1. I appreciate you sharing this. You've got some cool pictures here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to get out in this unpleasant weather and exercise. I should do the same, but our streets are not as well plowed for walking. Maybe I'll go to the mall later and walk around. There is no bookstore there, so I won't be tempted. And I'll still get my steps in. - XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely walk - Bravo for going out!
    It has been extra cold (down to 18° F - now back up above freezing) for several days plus snow, ice and freezing rain!! So no outside exercise for me, other than putting my hummingbird feeders out in the morning while it was so cold! I did Breema with online instructors instead (some of the teachers are from Europe!)
    I just used cashews to make nut cheese for a recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your walk, Tamara. Enjoyed the scenery though it looks wet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a fun walk. I find that snapping pictures on a walk seems to make it seems shorter than what I actually walk. Maybe because I'm not thinking of "how much longer do I have to go?"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.