Quirky Spring Things

In today's post I'm just going to share some quirky things I came across this - or previous - spring(s). Here goes:

A covered lakeside outdoor terrace guarded by colourful rubber ducks.



For folks who live in large cities this may not be as spectacular as it was for us... One fine day they put a piano in the train station, and passersby were invited to play, and they did! This guy did a good job, too.




Speaking of train stations... This is in Zug where Colin trains. People who drop off commuters may stop their car for a short while, as long as it takes to kiss & ride.



For people who prefer to ride their bike, here's a special model, it comes with countless bells.



Street art or shameless commercial? There were two of them on my way to to one of he city's largest parking garages.




I loved these raised beds with  strawberries they set up all over the mall's outdoor area. 



This mall always does a great job decorating for the different seasons and events. One spring they had a repurpose / upcycle theme:



This car escaped the scrapyard. At least for the time being.



These people must have lost their heads. Or they are head over heels?




What looks like a regular clothesline at first sight is actually art. This "laundry" was cast from cement!




Hope you had fun with those. Let me know which one made you smile the most!








Comments

  1. I'm not a morning person, so it's still too early to "smile the most." But I like quirky things (a self-love practice, to be sure.) My favorites were the piano, the bicycle with all the bells and the car stop to kiss goodbye. Which one is or ones are your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You came across some very unusual things. I think I would just sit and watch people go by. That would be fun. Brenda Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I feel so bad that I haven't visited. I loved the quirky pictures and they have given me some great ideas for my flower gardens. Those ducks make me think of the people here who do JEEP DUCKING. Have you heard of it? And I want one of those bikes. That would be perfect to ride in the morning instead of my short legs trying to keep up with Tall Cool ☺ne when we go for our walks in the morning! Nice seeing ya in the challenge. I'm gonna try to get caught up I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the piano! But the painted tires made me smile.
    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side blog
    2024 A to Z of Dungeons & Dragons, Celebrating 50 Years of D&D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great photos! I love the idea of a piano in the train station and the other favorite is the painted tires. This is so colorful and happy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed each one but the clothes line made from cement made me smile the most because it was most unexpected. I love a good surprise

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an unusual one of the clothes on the clothesline! I like that lane to drop someone off with time to kiss!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.