Experiences

Welcome back to another episode of A'lil Hoohaa's monthly photo blogging challenge. 

Our prompt for the month of September was "Exeriences".

I experienced my boy leaving the country without us for the first time (spending a week in Dublin, Ireland, with some school friends), I experienced working full time while my coworker was on vacation, I experienced an additional job on top of writing for our town's magazine, and I experienced a transformation of our house: from super cluttered to surprisingly neat.I will blog about it early next month as part of the Ultimate Blogging Challenge.

Today I want to share some photogenic experiences with you!


Alpine Descent 

Starting mid-September, after having spent the summer up in the alps, the shepherds bring the animals back to the village.

Tradition has it that some of the cows wear their beautiful big bells, and people wear their traditional costumes for the alpine descent. 
I have been wanting to attend this for a long time, but since it usually coincides with the start of the hockey season, I never got to it. Until now. More pictures and videos here.




Pumpkin Farm

As every year, I tried to visit my happy place, the pumpkin farm. They have four locations in total, and I managed to do the two larger ones. They always do a wonderful job setting up their "sculptures". This year's theme, as you may have guessed, is "movie". More pictures here and here.






Colin's 16th Birthday

Can you believe my baby boy turned 16 this month? He had to go to school and hockey practice on his actual birthday, but afterwards we attended our franchise's first championship game. They won 3:2, which was a nice birthday gift. Since teenager's social life is busy, he won't have his party with his friends until mid-October. (Since I obviously didn't take this photo, consider it Bonus Picture Number 1)




Youth Hockey

Four of Colin's strongest teammates prematurely moved on to play for U20, even though according to their age they are U17 players. Meaning, the team has been severely weakened. Plus some of the guys from the younger category are not very experienced. They used to play inline or street hockey, meaning they're not the greatest ice skaters, and they don't seem to be up to date with all the rules. As the team captain, Colin feels all the more responsible to still perform well as a team, and I can see a notable increase in his own efforts. So far they won both championship games of the new season, we'll see how it goes in the future. 
Since I always put together a video with a nice intro, I went to the lake before the game. 




I met a street artist who sold me a heart shaped balloon. I asked him to make me a hockey stick, too. That's how I walked around the arena, dressed up as Hockey Mom ;-) (Bonus Picture Number 2)




Fall is upon us

I feel as if someone has flipped the switch. It was nice and warm just the other day, and the next day as Colin was training I had a quick bite at the arena, and as I was getting out, it was pitch black at 8pm. Leaves were piling up, too!? When did that happen? I'm not complaining. I love fall. It did happen super quickly though. Soon they will return the hour they stole in spring. An additional hour of sleep, yay, I can use it.

It's been intense these past few weeks with work and my writing job for the magazine.




How have you been?

I hope you enjoyed learning about my experiences. 

Now check out my fellow bloggers' contribution to this month's topic. 


Comments

  1. Well, your experiences certainly keep you busy! I love this post. The Alpine Descent is so iconic and I'd love to see it in person. In Utah, we saw shepherd bringing sheep over a hill and across the road where we were stopped by two sheepdogs so about 200 of them could pass! I remember the pumpkin festivals as your happy place. I love Autumn too. Congrats on the 16th bday, Mom!! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I feel a little tired after reading your posts...this was one of those times. How you do everything and make time to blog about it always inspires me to strive to be just a little bit more engaged in everything. You've got images of both summer and fall in this post. Can't wait to see what you come up with for "It's fall, y'all" and I'm off to check out the Ultimate Blogging Challenge now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.