UBC October 2024 - Goodbye from Summer




Welcome back to October's UBC! Yesterday I used Tara's prompt to write a goodbye letter to summer. 

Today summer replied!!!

Dear Tamara,

Thank you for your note. I am glad you enjoyed spending time with me. Apologies for leaving so abruptly. I didn't mean for you guys to catch a cold!

I noticed and appreciated that you spent quite some time outdoors this season. I saw you exploring with your Mom, your son, your husband (congrats on your 20th wedding anniversary, btw), your teammates and your friends!

You even did some hiking, which made me very happy. Sometimes the best sights can be found away from the parking lot, right?

Until we meet again, take care!

Summer



PS: Since I know how much you hate mosquitoes, I tried my best to keep them away from you. If you have been annoyed and bitten recently, please deal with fall. I'm out!







Comments

  1. I like summer's goodbye letter even more than the goodbye *to* summer! But both are great ideas. I love the idea pf marking the transition from one season to another and pausing to appreciate what the last season gave you and what you hope will happen in the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love Summer's reply to you! The photos are exquisite, especially the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tamara, I burst out laughing at the top of your letter from Summer. Then I kept laughing! And I agree, you were out and about a lot this Summer! Thanks for a great smiley post.

      Delete
  3. I love your letter format, Tamara. I like summer’s voice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.