November Secret Subject Swap - Clothes

Welcome to November's Secret Subject Swap. Again 11 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.

Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts.  

Sit back, grab a mug (red cups are back, you guys! And I'm not even in Christmas mood yet!) and check them all out:



Baking In A Tornado
Cognitive Script
The Blogging 911 
The Lieber Family




My subject is 

             
You can only wear six items for the next year, what do you pull from your closet?


It was submitted by Cognitive Script thank you, Dawn! 

When I received this prompt, my first thought was "Whaaaat? I have to limit myself to only six items? Wasn't it hard enough to list my top ten clothes exactly one year ago?"

And later:

"Is it six per season? Do I still get to wear lingerie and socks without having to count them as items? What about jewellery and purses..???"

But then I was like, "You know what? I don't even need six. I'll just wear my PJs all year long. Done." 

You with me here?




OK, let's get serious. My six go-to clothing items are going to be:
  • A pair of blue jeans. In order to reward myself for the hard weight loss work I have been doing this year, I treated myself to a new pair of curvy true skinny and sculpt skinny  (is it just me or do these labels sound like a contradiction?) at the GAP, respectively Banana Republic.
  • A basic white v-neck T-shirt.
  • A zip-up hoodie, either gray or pink. I don't own a pink one, but if I'm going to wear it for an entire year, I should totally get one, right? Edit: I got one at H&M, basically for this post's sake! No zippper, though. I'll put it on my blog expense report - oh wait, I'll have reimburse myself. Booo!
  • A pair of Nike sneakers, most probably white ones, for spring and summer.
  • Warm and cozy UGG boots for fall and winter.
  • My black quilted Nautica winter jacket I've had for a couple of years. 



This wasn't so hard now, was it? 

I even went ahead and took a fitting room mirror selfie for you guys.

Now I feel like a case of why would I need a closet full of clothes if I am going to wear the same stuff over and over? 

I mean, even if it is a bit more than the six items, I own a lot of clothes that I can't part with but still never wear, instead I keep going for the same items. 

I'm pretty sure you can relate.

What are your go-to itmes, and which one would you pick to wear pretty much all year long?

Let me know down below and don't forget to check out my friends' posts - links at the top of this post!

PS: Here's the post revealing the lie out of five things!


Comments