40 Things about me




Last week I got tagged by my Facebook friend Holli whom I met in real life almost two years ago. I'm supposed to answer 40 questions about myself, so I thought I'd turn this into a blog post. 

Here goes:


1. Do you like blue cheese? Occasionally on a gingerbread salad. Whaaat? You've read correctly ;-)




2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes? When I was in college, my boyfriend was smoking. I occasionally had one, too, but I never got hooked. Today I think it's gross. Glad to hear that after banning smoke from restaurants, Switzerland is now doing a pilot project at a couple of major train stations.


3. Do you own a Gun? Nope. We're in Switzerland. People don't have, much less carry guns.

4. What flavor Kool-Aid? Didn't grow up with Kool-Aid, so none at all. My Canadian friend loves grape flavor though, so I usually bring a container of that powder when I shop in the U.S.

5. Do you get nervous before a Dr appointment? Yeah, a little. I don't have reason to be afraid, but hey, every medical history starts with an appointment.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? What do I think of them or do I like to eat them? I'm not supposed to, that's for sure. Too many carbs, too many bad fats, but sometimes - like at the hockey stadium - it's just yummy. I just remembered I wrote a post called Hot Dogs for Breakfast a couple of years ago, check it out!

7. What is your favorite movie? I have a lot: Any movie featuring Meg Ryan, Billy Crystal, Harrison Ford, Reese Witherspoon, Richard Gere, Michael Douglas,...

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Duh, coffee, Starbucks Verona, or, if I can get my hands on some Pike Place Special Reserve.



9. Can you do a push-up? I can do two for you, maybe even ten. However, when my drill sergeant  fitness instructor has me do as many as possible within a 50 second HIIT sequence, I like to take a break.

10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? A simple pearl necklace and my wedding ring.



11. Do you have a favorite hobby? Sleeping? OK, blogging then.

12. Do you have A.D.D? I think I show more signs as an adult than when I was a child.

13. Do you wear glasses? As soon as I take out my contacts, yeah.

14. Who was your childhood idol? ABBA, my elementary school teacher

15. Name three thoughts that you have right now? I need to pee, how long till we have to leave for hockey practice, will I go to Starbucks during Colin's training?

16. Name three drinks you drink regularly? CoffeeChampagneCoke Zero Evian

17. Current worries? Hubby burning out at the office, family and friends getting some evil disease, financial draught.

18. Current hates. The current U.S. President.

19. Favorite place to be? Do you have to ask...? San Diego, CA



21. Where would you like to go? See #19 ;-) Other than that I'm looking forward to the weekend trip to Hamburg I am planning on account of hubby's upcoming birthday.

22. Name 3 people who will do this. Debbie (she owes me one because I participated in the 30 odd questions blogfest), Jules, Pamela


23. Do you own slippers? Slippers, fuzzy socks, you name it. I usually have cold feet, and I like to wear something that makes me feel warm and comfortable.

24. What color is your shirt? Answering for T-Shirt: Typically black or white, well, white-ish after a couple hundred rounds of laundry.

25. Do you like sleeping in satin sheets? I prefer cotton.

26. Can you whistle? Barely.

27. Where are you now? Arrived at Starbucks. (see #15) Can you believe they're out of cinnamon rolls? At 4:15pm?

28. Would you be a pirate? Absolutely not.

29. Favorite candy? We did a Top Ten Thursday on that question. A glass of wine was on my list ;-)

30. Least favorite chore? We did a Top Ten Thursday on that one as well. Mopping, ironing, changing the bedding, cleaning the bathroom and cleaning in general, you name it. If I had the funds I'd hire a full time maid.

31. Favorite food? Of course we did a Top Ten Thursday on several kinds of foods - because "food" is such a huge term! Summer foods, Italian Foods, American Foods, Cake, you name it.



🌶️
32. What's in your pocket? Nothing today. On other days a coin for the grocery cart. Everything else is in my purse.

33. Last thing that made you laugh? Reading a quote in above mentioned Italian Foods post, it's from the movie Analyze This, check it out, there's even a movie clip.

34. What's your favorite animal? Dolphin, cat, elephant.

35. What's your worst injury? I wouldn't say I have bad ones. A cut here, a burn there, a dent in my butt that won't go away from when I fell down the stairs, but as I was saying, nothing major.

36. How many TVs in your house? None. Well, no regular one. We have a home cinema in the attic which we don't use a lot, otherwise we occasionally watch TV on our notebooks.

37. Worst pain? Apart from giving birth...? Migraine and toothache.

38. Do you like to dance? If  jumping back and forth like a mad person qualifies, then yes, absolutely! Give me a happy song, and I'm on the dance floor.

39. Are your parents living? Yes, and I am so fortunate and grateful for that! Here's a tribute to them and the reasons why they're great. This is a rare picture of the four of us as my brother lives abroad.



40. Do you enjoy camping? Absolutely not. There's a post on that, too. My top ten Reasons I don't like Camping.

Your turn now, I am going to tag the ladies in #22 - everyone else is welcome to comment or write their own post! Have fun!

Comments